Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 12 and a amp yesterday. Whats the easiest and most effective way of installing a system in my zx3 wheres the best,location to run the wires? &will it function with just a normal autolite battery or will i need a new one? Lmk

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
power wire up the drivers side and RCA's up the passenger side.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
^^ what freemind said. You always want your power and signal wires on opposite sides of the car. As for where to put the amp, either side of the hatch should work. As long as you didn't get like a 1,000 watt RMS amp you should be fine with your current battery. If anything, consider doing a big 3 upgrade whenever adding any amps to a system. Much cheaper than a new battery or alternator, and often just as effective. As far as running the power wire into the car, find a spot in the firewall near where stock wires go into the cabin. Make sure you use a rubber grommet, though.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
And as far as ware the wire comes out the back from behind the rear zx3 panel, have the wire come out by the bottom ware the seat folds up. I did it the hard way before I realized the seats fliped and there was a short cut there lol. good luck and be carefull with the rear clips on the panel

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes aftermarket deck, and its a poted box with a single audiobahn 12 dvc

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
In my experience, it is better to work from the amp to the deck and then to the battery. This way you will have less chance for shorts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts