Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, what is the best way to pop my rear bumper back out? I read that using boiling water on it might work best, but I haven't tried it yet.

Also, if I just wanted to get a new one where would be some good places to start looking?

·
Registered
774 Posts
You probably could pop it back out. It is dented in pretty far. The boiling water thing might work but a heat gun would be more effective. The paint will most likely spider and look bad. Check someplace like RockAuto.com and get a new one painted.

Call the insurance company?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
hey, its a the chance and motivation to get the RS body kit!!! haha, jk, but seriously, consider a body kit!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I considered a body kit. But I want to try the boiling water and heat gun first. Thanks for the help, I'll keep my eyes open in the buy/trade forum.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I don't know. Me, I'd just reach my hand up there and give a push. The hot water and heat gun are basically to soften the paint and keep it from chipping. I'd just pop it out and drive it, unless you plan on selling it just wait it out for a cheap bumpercover, one will pop up eventually.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Isn't the boiling water to soften the plastic so it will bend easier? I will suprised if you could take that out with your bare hands, (without some type of heat). Get a Port-a-power, they are great for doing things like this. You may be able to rent one from a parts store.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im guessing he had to give it a little push

1 - 12 of 12 Posts