Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to eliminate or put on a high flow cat on my 06 ST. im looking for the easiest and least expensive way, without setting off a check engine light if there is a sensor after it. I dont have emmissions in the county i live in, so that wont be an issue

thanks in advance

·
Registered
613 Posts
Id like to eliminate or put on a high flow cat on my 06 ST. im looking for the easiest and least expensive way, without setting off a check engine light if there is a sensor after it. I dont have emmissions in the county i live in, so that wont be an issue

thanks in advance
Actually, if you REMOVE your cat you WILL have a problem. Even though you do not have to pass an I/M inspection out in Windber you are subjected to a "visual anti-tampering inspection" as part of your safety inspection. The removal of your CAT will cause you to fail and you will not get your safety sticker.

·
Registered
46 Posts
does the second cat cause a lot of restriction? jw if I should cut out my second cat or not.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Actually, if you REMOVE your cat you WILL have a problem. Even though you do not have to pass an I/M inspection out in Windber you are subjected to a "visual anti-tampering inspection" as part of your safety inspection. The removal of your CAT will cause you to fail and you will not get your safety sticker.
That sucks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Manifold/converter is all one!

thanks in advance
Your converter is part of the manifold! So if you want to elimanate your converter that mean's, you'll need a header & a flex pipe! You can elimanate the smaller converter after the flex pipe, w/ no issue's thou. Out of all the foci, manifold/converter set up, from what I've seen, the ST's combo is the best flowing, compared to the log style on the 2.0L's. If you go w/ a header/flexpipe combo, it is best w/ a tune= you can turn off the check engine light! I would probilily say it's going to be louder, so it would be work best w/ Focuswerk's "Stealth" system. To do it right the 1st time is going to cost 'bout $400-$500= do it once, & be done w/ it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts