Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best way to bigger brakes?

i dont exactly have alot of experience in the brake department, what would be the best deal for beefing the brakes upfront, and filling a pair of revealing 17" rims too? i was thinking about the big set on BATINC that was featured in the FF mag, and SVT rears, is there anything better im missing?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I have the BAT Inc. kit and I can't complain. Its pretty easy to install, you just have to cut a few parts on the stock spindle and drill a hole and rethread another, then install the adapters to the spindles and the mounting hardware to the adapters. The braking performance is great, the car stops on a dime even with the rear drums still in place. And there's a ton of different pad options since the kit uses the same calipers as a '99-'04 Mustang GT. Its probably the best brake kit for the Focus short of spending $1200+ on a Baer or Brembo kit.

Pictures:

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot man, thats exactly what i wanted to see and know [thumb]

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another option to consider is the SVT kit. That way you fill all four corners and get better stopping power than stock. Conversely, I've heard nothing but good things about the BAtinc kit as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry should have read the whole thread. Go Batinc!!

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The SVT kit is definitely the best bang for your buck when you consider what you're getting, but IMO its not the best setup for the Focus. The SVT calipers are pretty much just bigger versions of the non-SVT calipers and the brakes get all of their additional power from larger rotors alone. They're also made from cast iron so they cool more slowly than the aluminum calipers used the the BAT, Baer and Brembo kits. Don't get me wrong, the SVT brakes do a good job, but they're not the end all/be all of brakes for the Focus.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinking im going to get the BAT set for the front, and the SVT for the rear, havnt decided which to get first yet.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I'd get the BAT kit first, you'll notice it more than the rear discs. Plus the SVT rear discs are larger than the non-SVT fronts, and you want to have more brake power up front than in the back.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like my SVT setup very much. I lightweighted the car a little bit and the brakes work just great! Besides my '05 is a 100-250lbs lighter than a SVT though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts