Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have IA? Or non-IA with the regular 4 button fob? Mind sending me your VIN in PM so I can look at the ASBuilt data?
It has the regular 4 button remote like the one pictured above. I had it done at a local stereo shop last year, don't know exactly how they did it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It has the regular 4 button remote like the one pictured above. I had it done at a local stereo shop last year, don't know exactly how they did it.
Probably with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/MPC-2380-Activated-2011-2016-Installation/dp/B00K109YTC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548975458&sr=1-4&keywords=ford+focus+remote+start

I don't think you can just turn something on in Forscan to get remote start on the Focus like on the F-150 referenced in the original post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Talked to the local service manager and asked if they could just program the auto start without adding any physical components. He stated a definite no. From this thread, that is what it sounds like is being said, that they just had some reprogramming done to activate the auto start.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Talked to the local service manager and asked if they could just program the auto start without adding any physical components. He stated a definite no. From this thread, that is what it sounds like is being said, that they just had some reprogramming done to activate the auto start.
You should ask him about the 2012 f-150.

See if his answer is the same.
I have noticed that service managers often times don't know shit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got a real good repor with this one, known him for years. Often it also depends on the original model, XLT, Lariat, SE, Titanium etc. What trim package did your F150 have?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got a real good repor with this one, known him for years. Often it also depends on the original model, XLT, Lariat, SE, Titanium etc. What trim package did your F150 have?
Fx4 but it's the same for all as far as i know. It's built into the computer as standard. You just have to turn it on with forscan.

I am not seeing anything on the focus though. Your guy is probably correct

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts