Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what everyone thought is the best wax 4 black cars. just bought my black 03 fsvt recently and have never had a black car.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Turtle wax in the can.
wizzards polish

·
Registered
103 Posts
Zaino Brothers. This stuff is unbelievable. You can find it on the net at www.zainobrothers.com.

It is a long process but it's worth the work. You first have to clean the car with the zaino brothers cleaner (strips the current wax) then apply several coats of wax. It makes a shine that is unbeatable by anything on the market. Leaves a "wet" look that holds up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It depends what you are looking for..., synthetic or natural, price range, ease of use, durability, etc, etc...

The longest durability is Zaino, as mentioned by Justjimmy and it is synthetic polymer.

The longest lasting carnuba is Collinite.

The best dollar for dollar for looks is P21S or S100 wax(same wax, different marketing plan). It equaly the looks of Pinnacle at a fraction of the price.

Very fast, durable and easy to use- "Einszett Glanz". Also a synthetic.
The nice thing about Glanz is the speed in which you can apply it. You wipe it on, wait 30-45 seconds, then wipe it off. It works almost as easy as a QD product, with 100x the durability.

Klasse AIO/SG is also a good product, synthetic. SG can get finicky to use. AIO is a good one step product.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You are quite welcome:)

If you have any more questions or concerns, let me know. I have quite a few qears of experience in detailing(although I don't "know it all", I do back up my statements with formal testing of the products, as I am always conducting tests and am in contact with others that also test products.

Have you ever heard of "The Wax Test"?
If not, check out my web site, it lists and tests 46 waxes, sealants, carnuba, synthetic, etc.

It is the best reading I have found on such reports and will save you a ton of money and time from jumping from product to product.

I am currently testing several known products and will shortly have a "best of" shootout between "the best of the best"

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a black 03 svtf too, and I've been using Meguiar's 3 stage wax. I'm too cheap for zaino, and I've had great results with Meguiar's products. I know alot of other people that use it also.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
well you can buff your car every 6 months or so for the best look...it will take you longer but it will give it the new shine and will remove those dumb tiny cracks and junk....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use autosport wax available at there web site it is very easy to put on and take off. and leaves zero white shit behind!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
kttnmthkngs420 said:
i use meguiars gold class was. leaves a nice shine.
word mee tooo , cept i usually do the three step wax and then finish with the gold class. It still looks brand new after surviving the first winter

·
Registered
12 Posts
meguiars gold class, and after that I just use the quick detailer after every wash until the next time I wash and wax it

·
Registered
278 Posts
meguiars quick detailer after every wash and about 1 time a month i use some kind of carnuba wax, can think of the name right now to save my life .....

one word of advice stay away from zymoil .....its a BITCH to get off black cars

·
Registered
412 Posts
For black use a product called "Liquid Glass". It comes in a metal container and has a pic of a Vette on the front. You will be amazed with the deep high gloss. I use Meguiars products exclusively, but for black the Liquid Glass is tops!! Give it a go and let me know what you think.

You're going to find black a real pain in the arse to keep clean. But, nothing shines up better than black. Word of caution: When washing make sure your mitt is very very clean. Black will show those tiny spider web swirls more than any other color. Every thing that touches your car, the wash mitt, polish or wax applicators and removal clothes (good quaility white towels are best) must be clean, clean, clean!!!!!!

bfocused

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with bfocused about Liquid Glass. I used it on my black '90 Vette and it looked just as good as the high-priced, high-tech, multiple step products. It got a lot of compliments at shows and held up well (no garage - just covered). But, it was my last black car! There is nothing sharper than a clean black car but it drove me nuts trying to keep it clean and in "show condition".

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Elementa said:
meguiars quick detailer after every wash and about 1 time a month i use some kind of carnuba wax, can think of the name right now to save my life .....

one word of advice stay away from zymoil .....its a BITCH to get off black cars
you mean zymbol? My friend mike uses it on his ser all the time...he also uses meguires gold class and they both look great....he just bought a 50 dollar buffer and it makes it shine like a gem!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts