Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
advance auto carries the avs in channel. like the looks alot better because their not stuck to the body like others.
can kinda see them in this pic...

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
Ditto on the WeatherTech. Best fit and look for the money. (my $.02)

I have them on my ZX5. Paid $100 for the set and LOVE them.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You really want the in-channel ones! I've got them, (AVS I'm pretty sure) and like them a lot...

·
Registered
415 Posts
whats the point of a vent visor unless you smoke and dont wanna get soaked when it rains?

·
Registered
189 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
whats the point of a vent visor unless you smoke and dont wanna get soaked when it rains?
Some people like them. I do not smoke and use them all the time. When I go somewhere and it is like 90 plus; I can leave the windows cracked and the average person will not bother to try and see if they are. And yes, when it is raining or snowing, they are great!! To each their own.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
1SVTFocus said:
I bought them because of the "popping" wind compression you get inside the car if you only have one window down. I thought it might change the air flow over the window enough to cut down on the popping, and most of the time it seems to work.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm going to get some from weathertech. These are exactly what I've been looking for. It gets to over 120-130 inside my car in the sunlight here. I want to be able to leave the windows down a little ways. Wonder why the dark tint ones at weathertech are only for the ZX3? The regular tint ones look nice too though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You know, I wondered that too? But I like mine just the same.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I emailed weathertech and got some info on these. I was wondering how well these stay on the car when the windows are down and the car is going down the highway. They "look" like they click into place well on the video, but I was wondering how well they stay in place with wind rushing over them. Anyone? Not having to use 3M tape is great though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It takes a little effort to bend them to get them into place. I have never had a problem. I have never noticed them move at all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey David1954, Does the 06 Focus ZX4 install have any added clips or hardware? I noticed on the larger weathertech video that some installs have added clips etc. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nope nothing extra. Just a little bend, well a little more effort on the front ones and they have never moved yet. I have had them in since February.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the info David1954. I'm going to order a front and rear set for my Focus. Sounds like the best ones to get.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Great info in this thread I am ordering the dark tint weathertech right now. [thumb]

Jon

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well I know that the ZX3 doors/windows are longer than the ZX4, and they also dont sell deflectors (dark ones) for the back doors.

Maybe if you email them they will start producing them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts