Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am looking to sink about 800 bucks into my svt but im stuck. I have a CAI and pulleys, thats it though. Thinking of an ORP and maybe something else...just tryin to figure bang for buck..part of me wants to put tht towards future FI but I cant wait! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
$800 would get you an ORP and a tune, aside from F/I those are going to be your best bang for buck. If you are going towards F/I, an ORP would still work so atleast get that and you can always get your car re-tune if you go F/I so I'd go with both still!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I say do it, I thought I was going to save for FI but after crunching the numbers I realized it was not in my interest to spend that kind of money. So I got the bolt ons and will put that extra money for a car with factory boost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys..I do believe thats the way im gonna go! Was also thinking an aluminum flywheel (in addition to)...ive heard good and bad though..

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
When the clutch goes I'm going to do one, I'm not planning that for a while though. I've heard more good things than bad.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
save up for boost! but for right now work on your suspension!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, the plan is to find a good enough deal on the orp and tune to still be able to at least get strut towers...i have lowering springs...wanna do sway bars eventually to though..

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
actually, the plan is to find a good enough deal on the orp and tune to still be able to at least get strut towers...i have lowering springs...wanna do sway bars eventually to though..
pass on the stress bars and go straight for the sway bars also invest in some kyb agx's you will be happy with them

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Tune, all 3 VF mounts and a short throw shifter.... that will enhance the "all over" driving experience and take it to a whole new "funner" level.

·
Registered
714 Posts
X10
TUNE is the best bang for your buck

·
Registered
806 Posts
x11
tune is the best bang for your buck.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I would do the Stress bar (front and Rear) I have Steeda Front and FS back and I am In love with them. I cant tell you how awesome they are on the AutoCross course

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
I put on a set of Taylor plug wires with Motorcraft copper cores, gapped to .060(total around 50.00) and it helped out a lot. As for tunes, go with Tom's tune. He's a nice guy with a lot of knowledge.

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
i would do The tune, ORP, a dog bone and a claybar lol xD then buy some pizza with beers and there you go :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts