Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to jazz up my focus with some neon and would like your feedback. I've heard street Glow and ero-light arermost popular. thxs in advance for the advice.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i had street glow on my old car and it was a good reliable kit. that was also 4 years ago. i guess the new "popular" ones are the LED kind, but some of those kits are cheap and spot the ground instead of a nice even glow

·
Registered
146 Posts
Varad, I love my LEDs. Think of it this way, your car sitting low neon lights can break pretty easy where LEDs will still run if they fall off your car. The Varads I can say they a bright, briliant(sp?) glow.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
well to answer the question its really personal preference on led or neon. neon glows better in all directions while led is more of a directional glow. now the best kit out there is ozniums ufo ice led kit but i would say for the price if you want multiple colors go with the flowlighting inferno kit. single go with a gold series kit from streetglow they offer several colors also if you plan on doing the interior use cathodes from oznium.com too they are very bright and very inexpensive.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
All right.. FINALLY a question that I can answer! Woooot!

Speaking as someone who has sworn by Streetglow, that is what I would recommend. CUrrently, I have the GOLD SERIES undercar neon kit on my Focus, and I have no complaints. Its great. And, if anything ever happens (transformer blows, tube leaks, etc), it comes with a FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY. THIS is the kit you get if you want the best of the best. You can find them on ebay for around 180.00.

Sitting at home waiting to be installed are Streetglow's 7-COlor LED Undercar Kit, and 7-Color LED Wheelwell kit. Using the one-wire connect system, I can hook one into the other for 360-degrees of illumination all around the car, all controlled from one controller. 10 different scanning modes, and lots of other goodies.

Anyone coming to the Massive Speed Systems Spring Street Cruise will see it.... It'll be installed by then.

Streetglow is the TOPS. If you are looking for quick and easy, check out oznium or varad. But if you want top of the line, look no further than Streetglow.

My Glow (the bar behind my lower grill is an LED LiteRider bar)

Not the best pics, I know.. but it gives you in idea.

And as far as INTERIOR is concerned.... I still rock the Streetglow. I have four 9" bars, two 10" bars, and eight LEDs.... but more are coming.

Any other questions?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Well i wont disagree with you streetglow is one of the best if not the best. I have a gold blue line red kit. soon i will be upgrading to a gold series aqua kit. anyway hers a few pics of my interior with the cold cathodes mind you some of these are during almost broad daylight these are very bright and are only 6.49 a pair at oznium many reccomend them. i have a total of 14 purple and 4 orange in the grills

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Lord... looking good there.. the only thing I would change would be to hide the tubes above the back window.... it just looks.... tacky....

But your setup is AWESOME.... I am rockin' the purple glow as well......

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
yeah i mean you dont really see the purple tubes it was just from where i was that you could see them bad. thanks though for the compliments i did all my glow in one day.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
It looks excellent. it really really does!

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
i appreciate all the comments i will have new pics up tonight when it gets dark to show how truly bright it is at night so watch for those because comments are always welcome and i like your purple and green on yellow sceme. its very nice.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I just really REALLY want to get the LED CUpholder Mod done.....

It looks amazing....

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I love the purple glow from my vents.... its cool.

·
Registered
738 Posts
varad rocks... best kits in my opinion... and I have had and worked with a lot of kits

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
love the colors matt [8D] did you wire them up to that switch panel [;)] i'm gettin some orange LED's for the vents and i want to do the cup holder mod too, maybe one day i'll get the streetglow under kit again (in orange of course). i had the same kit on 2 different cars, that's quality.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
VERY quality... And the only stuff hooked up to the panel so far are my interior neons.. but don't worry.... the undercar WILL be hooked up to the panel.....

....when I get it replaced bexcause of two leaky tubes! DOH!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Lord_of_Dance, is that toggle switch down by the gas pedal the switch for your neons? you should also do the led vent light mod too. looks great [thumb]

1 - 20 of 61 Posts