·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Ride or quality? If you want both go with h&r,kw,or tein

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just for street everyday riding. i want it lower but dont really want to lose the ride quality.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
just for street everyday riding. i want it lower but dont really want to lose the ride quality.
Going lower means stiffer springs which mean degradation of ride quality. There's no way around this. The question is how much are you willing to compromise or how much you can tolerate. If a 1.5" drop will work for you, consider some ford racing springs and shocks. These will result in a nice look, improved handling, and won't beat you to death. The best part is that they'll only set you back about $300.00.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^ Then like "Geezer" said go w/ the FRPP's strut's/shock's & spring's!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Going lower means stiffer springs which mean degradation of ride quality. There's no way around this. The question is how much are you willing to compromise or how much you can tolerate. If a 1.5" drop will work for you, consider some ford racing springs and shocks. These will result in a nice look, improved handling, and won't beat you to death. The best part is that they'll only set you back about $300.00.
I have the same question as the OP. Are you referring to this? It is only a 1/2" drop. Were you talking about another one. I don't mind going a little lower, but I mostly want the nicest ride possible and still be an upgrade from stock SE.

·
Registered
0 Posts
FRPP Damper and Spring Kits.... I knew you'd chime in.

To the OP, if you looking for low, FRPP Damper and Spring Kits no-where close to as low as you can go on coilovers. If you want low, forget ride quality as he is right it will degrade BUT with a decent set of H&R's, Bilstein's, or KW V1's or V2's you will have a better coilover ride quality than you would with brands like Raceland and K-Sport Coilovers. A good coilover setup should run you about $900-$1300 so it's in no-way "cheap"

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thread from the dead? --why not. [:D] it could be useful to someone. ...

Anyway, as far as daily-driving goes, I have always been a big fan of decent shocks and basically whatever lowering springs you like, there's tons. Here is a before/after of my car: the 4x4 pics are blown out original shocks/struts, after is KYB Excel G (?) with Eibach Pro Kit springs.. ... almost 2 full inches drop:

Ride comfort is almost entirely maintained, and coupled with better suspension bushings and motor mounts, you'll be cornering with much more confidence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts