Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can sumone link me up or hook me up wit the cheapest turbo kits and turbo parts i need one quick for a stock motor with sleeves

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
remember ..you get what you pay for...
go with gude for a cheap turbo...and then end up paying for a new engine...
or go with tom ay a littlemore but you will have quality !
good luck !

·
Registered
382 Posts
el_pio said:
remember ..you get what you pay for...
go with gude for a cheap turbo...and then end up paying for a new engine...
or go with tom ay a littlemore but you will have quality !
good luck !
yes you said it the best

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Yup. Someone was just on this forum a few weeks ago with a tale of woe about a Focus that had been turbo'ed with a Gude kit and the engine was destroyed. Don't cheap out on this...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Defintly Go with Tom's its a lil expensive but it will make your car a BEAST and it won't blow up your engine like other turbos *cough* gude *cough*

·
Registered
711 Posts
no idea who makes this but saw it on ebay
ebay turbo

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
ask focustrends he just joined and thats one of his auctions or go to his site www.focustrends.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Doesn't mention one thing about engine managment. Doesn't matter what turbo set up you have, without proper engine managment and tuneing, you might as well buy your new engine now so you don't have to wait when you blow up your existing one. (and a reliable waste gate often helps to!)

·
Registered
380 Posts
well see another post on here about the GUDE kit blowing an engine up, FMAX is cheeper than toms, but dont know about quality.... could do some searches on that, i know CFM is selling the precision kit for about 3900.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i dont think they even make the FMAX anymore. i read an article about it and they hard probs fitting the intercooler and then again with the tuning at altitude.

i want the ptuning kit eventually after i find someone with it

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a ZX3 and my friends tell me if u put stuff into it (turbo, exhuast, headers, ect.) the Focus engines easily blow. They also said they "tend" to blow anyway. I was wanting to race a SRT-4 and i know the only way id win would be with a turbo kit. Money's no object to me what can i do guys?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
That's easy:

http://www.focus-power.com

Any motor can and will "blow" if you don't properly tune and prepare the motor for forced induction. The reason that the cheapo kits kill motors is they frequently make no attempt to address upgraded fuel needs, or fuel management, etc.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Tom's kit is expensive but definatly worth it with the proper tuning you will be smashing on SRT-4's and just for some extra flavor you could get a 50 shot to go with it (if money was no option thats what I would do unless you had 60k then i'd get an engine transplant)

·
Registered
525 Posts
So everyone always says Tom's is the best...go with Tom's...Not disagreeing with any of you, BUT does anyone who says "tom's kit is the best" actually have it? Or are you just repeating what others have said in the many other Forced Induction threads. Who has this "amazing" turbo kit...and why is it the best?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
No, I don't have it, but Tom's kit has proven results - check his website and see what his cars have done. And Tom stands behind his stuff, he'll be on here to explain technical things, and questions about his products, which is more than you can say for other manufacturers...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts