Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this subject has been discussed but I didn't see it in here. What do you all think best track day tire is for a MK1 Focus SVT? Looking forward to hearing comments!

w/ my magic bag
http://tirerack.com....It'd depend on how much you want to shell out & if your looking for a long duration tire for more track time vs super stick for more $. I'd have to say it really depends on your style of driving & your set up. I take it your car is set up for momentum similar to a Miata? You have a diff & cfm A-arms?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I just want to run our local 2.4mile road course (HPR) on track days and have it be fun. Don't wanna break the bank just want something that will last me a few seasons as I will go about twice or three times a year. Oh its a bone stock SVT...

w/ my magic bag
A quick look on Tireracks site in a 215-45x17 has Toyo Proxes R888R for $598. which is strictly a track tire.

Registered
Miata guys like the RS4 quite a lot for track usage.
They are not the absolute stickiest tire available, but they are a good compromise between grip and longevity.
I am seriously thinking about a set for my Miata once my RE71 are worn out.
The Zii Star Specs I used the last time I was at the track did really well also. I can recommend those from experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts