Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need some help what are the best three mod for our engines? i have a intake its a short ram air one. i was thinking of getting a ORP/full Exhaust and a ecu flash device are those a good choice and what are the best three mods for you guys

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Intake, orp, tune. Also all three motor mounts

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Just curious what are the benefits of doing the motor mounts?
Response time and more power to the ground.
Between shifts the engine rocks back to it's neutral position. When you get back in it the engine TQ's over. The stiffer mounts lessen the amount the engine can TQ over, which makes it react faster and less power is wasted moving the engine.

I'd say best 3 would be ORP, tune and driver mod (learn the car very well).

Reactions: redSVT_03

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
^^ like iminhell said

i dont know if the intake is worth it, honestly, a high-flow filter will net you almost as much as any CAI for a fraction of the price. But from what ive seen, you wont get much more than 6-7hp at best.

a tune will reallly help the cars drivability, i keep pushing it back on my too-do list, but every time i drive a tuned SVT, i kick myself for not doing it.

I live in nazi-emissions laws CA, so i havnt done the ORP, but i hear its pretty good stuff as well.

And again, driver mod is by far the best thing you can do. Take some classes, take your car to the track, etc. Ive stumped people driving $100k+ cars simply because i know my car better than they do theirs.

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Tune, throttle body, K&N air filter for stock intake

Tune is amazing, HFC/ORP are just obnoxious to listen to (opinionated- but I did have a HFC for a year), TB is awesome, K&N air filter does just as much as any other fancy expensive intake (again, I have had both AEM CAI and K&N panel) but you don't worry about puddles and it doesn't cost even half as much

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know about the short ram air in take it sucks up all the engine heat but i love noise of it it reminds me a turbo spooling up haha plus i am gonna get a tune for it pretty soon so that should help out a lot

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
$50 k&n filter, STS, $25 dog bone mount inserts, port stock TB, and tune. all told, youre looking at about $600.

Oh, and $180 for the steve suspension refresh kit (you will need to rent/borrow spring compressors).

·
Registered
714 Posts
Response time and more power to the ground.
Between shifts the engine rocks back to it's neutral position. When you get back in it the engine TQ's over. The stiffer mounts lessen the amount the engine can TQ over, which makes it react faster and less power is wasted moving the engine.

I'd say best 3 would be ORP, tune and driver mod (learn the car very well).
X2-
shifts WAY better

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I dont see the mount mod as being that big a deal , I took them off my Turbo SVT because I didnt like all the vibration going through the car and went back to stock

TB , ORP , Tune would be my 3 picks

Tom

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
but there arent really any gains from a TB is there? I always thought it was a responsiveness mod

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Yeah, pretty much just the throttle response. Still a good mod though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
TO be honest, either go FI (does not include the weak as JRSC) or do an engine swap. All other mods will grant you if at all no more then 10 whp.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts