Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get a good coilover kit for 03 svt i am leaning towards the tein superstreet damper kit with the edfc if antone knows of anything better or any tips let me know all info will be appreiciated fully[dunno]

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
What are you using the car for, street, track, going for the "look"? All these have an impact on your suspension choice.

Also, how are the roads in your area, since an overly stiff suspension will get very annoying very fast. I don't even have coilovers and my moderately stiff pro-kit is a bit too much for me with the roads in Chicago what they are.

What type of adjustment do you need? Just height and stiffness, or something with a lot more?

Also, look in the supspension section of the website, there you can find feedback on just about every kit out there.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya really it depends what you want out of your susp. a good coilover kit is gonna run around a grand. a lot of people just can't or won't pay that much. The FRPP kit is a great kit for the money or even the eibach kits out there are great.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Tein with EDFC is going to be rather pricey and seems like alittle overkill unless you are going to be doing some serious track use. H&R's cupkit is a great setup for not to much, I think they are around $650.

Moved to Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Chat

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I see no real reason to get a coilover kit unless you will be doing a lot of track stuff. Most people that have coilovers on their street car set them and leave them so why pay the extra money when they are more then likely never to be adjusted. I have the Eibach Pro kit on mine and it seems good, just enough drop and ride quality is not to far off from stock

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If you want to go upscale, take a look at some of the suspension kits at Bat Inc. Their GAZ kit might meet your needs. I also recommend Bilstein PSS kits for their quality and dependable engineering. On the other hand, there's really nothing wrong with Tein either but edfc is possible overkill. Once people find the most desirable settings they rarely play with it from that point. The EDFC system is just another thing that can go wrong. It's kinda like a lazy persons expensive toy. I'd take that money and spend it on something really useful.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
teins setup is really nice, if i had the money, thats what i would go w/, it also has the electronically controlled damper setup, but it sure does cost a pretty penny

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
last time i checked, which was about 1 year ago, Tein's coilover setup was about 1100, and the electronics to control the dampers were about 1200 w/ the computer and wiring and shipping, so about 2300 bucks for the setup, but it really is sick!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The Ford Racing kit from Dynamics Racing is very hard to beat for the money. Geezer, if you havent seen this kit in person, you should, you would be amazed considering you do this kind of work. That kit will lower your car 1.5" and is great for track use but just a tad stiff for street use. I can get you that kit for $445. The FRPP kit is $360

1 - 12 of 12 Posts