Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion for the best setup? Pictures would help tons!

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
this is a total "it depends" kinda question...such that it matters in what each individual considers comfortable vs./and/or fun.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is a total "it depends" kinda question...such that it matters in what each individual considers comfortable vs./and/or fun.
Well, true. I had a Z28 with Eibach springs. I don't mind a "stiff" ride as long as it doesn't knock out a filling. When I change out the rims for either 17s or 18s I was it lowered so it doesn't look odd.

All that being said, what is your opinion? What do you have?

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I went with the Ford Racing setup with rather stiff springs off ebay (yea don't knock me for going with ebay). The stock setup was shot and the other cars we own have rather harsh setups as well, so soft feels "weird". haha.

I have about an 1.5 drop with that. MSW 25 wheels as of recently -- but still only 16 inches. I stiffened her up a bit more with "custom" poly mounts and called it a day for now.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Well, true. I had a Z28 with Eibach springs. I don't mind a "stiff" ride as long as it doesn't knock out a filling. When I change out the rims for either 17s or 18s I was it lowered so it doesn't look odd.

All that being said, what is your opinion? What do you have?

vogtland springs. They are progressive so when they are soft they are as stiff as svt springs (~130 iirc, only really soft when going straight or light turns). They seem to have a near exponential stiffening curve so once you begin to throw the car it stays as level as the eibach 1.5" drop. Vogtlands are the same (rated at 1.6" but who cares also ~170-180 for both springs iirc)

As for shocks I have some kybs that are more or less matched with svt springs. Waiting till they blow out, but so far no signs.

Hope I helped. I can find a spring chart if you'd like.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Svt shocks and struts. Eibach front rear sway bars.
Looks like he drives Mk3.

You need to get some Vogtland coilovers so I have someone to give me the skinny on how great they are. We're sending Uncle Sam an extra house payment every month (dang it, kids weren't deductible anymore!) or I'd already have some on the car.

I'm on Vogtland springs, love their products, good drop, near stock ride (I'm old, and for a daily I don't want my kidneys failing).

I've got 17s on it, looks about right IMO.

Checkout the volvo 18s from this thread - http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489153&highlight=wheels - neat looking wheels; somebody else has some volvo 17s, I think, those look good to. Good option for wheels.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Eibach sportline system!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
nuh uh sprotlines are eibachs lower and stiffer set up (unless those are pro kits) which aint as comfy for DD

Da German company vogtland makes progressive springs and a tiny bit higher, tiny bit. on the soft side of progressive its almost ALWAYS softer than eibachs set up which is nice for DD. however when you want to throw it around it will quickly and smoothly transition to eibachs "street set up" stiffness.

you get the best of both worlds from vogtland. case, closed.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The case was never closed as Heinrich Eibach never closed it. He's open to all comers & nothing & he's still waiting. Top quality German company like Eibach, like Menzerna polishes.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
The case was never closed as Heinrich Eibach never closed it. He's open to all comers & nothing & he's still waiting. Top quality German company like Eibach, like Menzerna polishes.
you lost me when you started throwing names XD
all youre saying is germans make good stuff?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Just saying Eibach is a very popular company when it comes to suspensions & more racers use them then any other suspension company & has great products. I'm sure Voltline makes good products too.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
haha vogtland... for racing id agree. eibach or h&r.

however thats not what he is looking for. it sounds like he wants a comfy DD and something fun. thats why i say vogtland to these people. it fits the need better than anyone else i know.

gotta get the people what they ask for...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I want something that'll fit the '14. I know the front is different than the '12 & '13

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
I want something that'll fit the '14. I know the front is different than the '12 & '13
i think you just need 13 struts to use other products in a 14.... in the mk3 section id think they would have something.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts