Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of brand new Ground Control coil overs and its just the sleeves..my SVT is daily driven would the KYBs be a good set for this spring combo? is anyone still using these?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Find a strut that work's w/ lowering spring's

I just bought a set of brand new Ground Control coil overs and its just the sleeves..my SVT is daily driven would the KYBs be a good set for this spring combo? is anyone still using these?
I'd find a strut that work's w/ a lowering spring, since your going to lower your car. What does KYB say? & what are their spec's?

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KYB says there not really designed to be lowered any lower than 1.5" from the original ride height so Im thinking maybe Koni yellows....damn should of just bought a real coil over set up....but ive read nothing but great things about the GC and Koni set ups

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If you're thinking of using the sleeves with stock springs that's a really bad idea. As you lower a car the spring has to get stiffer. The general rule of thumb is that the spring rate must go up 50 to 100% for every inch of drop.

Hell, after thinking about it, you might not get not get much drop (if any) using the stock spring with the sleeves anyway. The sleeve seat will be higher than the stock spring seat because it sits on (and above) the stock one. What your going to get is a higher ride height out of this combo. Is that what you're looking for? But more importantly, stock springs will probably not fit on the GC spring seat anyway as they are designed for 2 to 2.5 inch inside diameter springs. Stock springs are way bigger than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts