Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, which front strut bar do you think is the best? FocusSport, FocusCentral, Steeda? Didn't know if one was really better than the others. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMP, never heard of it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
strut bars

for a front bar the steel steeda is the strongest. for the rear its no contest. the new adams racing bar is the ticket. just installed one on the race car. it attaches at four points, two in the side and two in the floor.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Is the strut bar the same for all foci ?
Zx3/Zx5, sedan, SVTF ?

If the above is true, then this thread may be relevant to the topic.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I've got the FS works fine. Looked at the Steeda but didn't really know if the extra money got you any noticeable difference.

·
Registered
990 Posts
adams bar

i can tell you this. it is extremely lightweight and strong. i have built car to be able to rotate well on track. this bar was the last piece of the puzzle. the car is gorgeous w/it on. keep in mind the quaife, the roll cage and the semi-custom coilovers, among other things, help also.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i have the Ford Racing Strut bar and it's great... my friend has the focus sport... and i don't think it's that' great cause for some reason it doesn't feel as strong so imo i'd go with the ford racing one

·
Registered
37 Posts
SLIP STREAM SVT said:
i have the Ford Racing Strut bar and it's great... my friend has the focus sport... and i don't think it's that' great cause for some reason it doesn't feel as strong so imo i'd go with the ford racing one
where did u get the ford racing bar at cuz fordracing.com doesnt have shit.

·
Registered
523 Posts
:) Your best bet is to find a bar with as few bends in it as possible. If you're going for performance you're probably going to have to drop the fuse box and move other engine components around. I believe www.focustuning.com sells a nice straight bar.

·
Registered
560 Posts
SVT4U2NV

yea i know what you mean the ford racing site doesn't have anything for sale! but yea where i got my for racing strut bar is from a car accessory shop, they told me that they called their distributer which was "APC" and they ordered from them but when they got the package in it ended up to be a ford racing strut bar instead of an "APC" strut bar! so anyways, if you do want one you could always go search around car accessory shop or if you really can't find it... i would be willing to help you get it and send it to you just send me an e-mail if you want ok!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Does the strut bar make a big diff in the SVT? it already turns like it rides on rails, with min body roll.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
your absolutly right about the SVT Foci turning like it's on rails, and you probably think that it can't get any better, but you know... they didn't make the strut bar for nothing... cause when you do make turns at very high speeds you do feel a BIG difference, even at times when i'm making a turn at like 30mph i can feel the stability and the turn just flows without any body roll, sticks right to the ground as well, imo i feel it makes a big difference! i'd get it if i were you because it's one of the best mods for your $$$ [thumb]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts