Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up a pair of Ford Racing plug wires this weekend, figured I might as well replace the spark plugs with better ones while I'm at it.

Which are the best for the Focus Zetec.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
c'mon man, you have been here long enough to know the answer is autolite double plats.

USE THE SEARCH :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
personally I am a big supporter of the bosch platnum +4 rapidfire. I've used them in a Mazda truck, Supra turbo, Miata, and a 240sx. I haven't gotten around to doing much to my car but an intake and some pretty things. I got some leave comming up and a nest egg to spend on my car. I'll let everyone know how things turn out then.

Jeff

·
Registered
281 Posts
Motorcraft. Everyone says that the Bosch plugs have given them trouble because they are eitehr too long or too short for our cars. Either get Autolites or Motorcraft Double plats they're pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah bosch doesnt mate up well with our cars, burn too hot is another thing i read too. run a search on them rangehum for more info. car runs really bad with them

·
Registered
75 Posts
well i just put the ford racing wires with the autolite double plat. i went to both the local auto stores and they both said that bosch does not make them for my car.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
yea i hear alot of good stuff about ngk and that denzo iridium are nice too??? im sticking with what focal said oem plugs. i have to heard that bosch is terible for the fords my auto teacher told me that in well auto class. i still remember him what a fliped up guy (im supposed to use the word fliped instead of you know what) that was inside advice. yea so thats kinda fliped up but flip it i gotta do what the flip people tell me. ; )

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've never heard bad things about Bosch before but i haven't worked in a shop in 6 years. I'ld never had any trouble with them or NGK my dad is still running the same No Good Krap plugs in his boat since he got the thing, and it's been a while. Like i said i hadn't checked for availability on them for my focus but if they have been tried and don't measure up I'll go with motorcraft. I can voutch for the Bosch +4s though in everything i have used them in. I've used them in 4 of my own vehicles and several friends cars and trucks and noone ever went back.

Jeff

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have iridium plugs, theyre not bad, but when i put my vortech in im gonna get some plat plugs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts