Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not happy with the tone of my exhaust as of late....Ive heard lots of people talking about magnaflows and flowmasters.....I have an SVT with an ORP and no resonator or lunch box....I want something thats really deep in tone and is not too loud...thanks..

ps im currently running a summt turbo muffler LOL....sounds good but gets a bit raspy sometimes

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i think you are always going to have a raspy tone with you setup as of now. Flowmaster sounds great in my opinion... really deep down low and not too loud up top

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
no flowmaster unless you want me to always make fun of you for secretly being a *******.

magnaflow, borla, thrush...any of those are great mufflers.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
^^^LOL too funny but yeah I like the sound of my Borla system a lot.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i had magnaflow on my zx3 and borla on my svt (with resonator) and the maganaflow with only the muffler sounded amazing IMO

·
Registered
783 Posts
definately magnaflow or borla

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
there ain't nothin wrong with a flowmaster

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
there ain't nothin wrong with a flowmaster
if you like saying ain't and doing your sister there isnt.

sorry but flows belong on an f-body

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
if i had a sister and she was cute.... and "aint" is a word

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im gonna go with a flowmaster so I can have that ******* sound! LOL

bet the flowmaster will sound better than the magnaflow......and flowmaster makes universal mufflers with 2.25" inlet and outlet or 2.5" inlet and outlet....the demensions are exactly the same...probally just hard to make a 4 banger sound aggressive LOL

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I say do the flowmaster. Could turn out nice?

All I know is 2.5" MBRP gets raspy as hell without a cat/with a header, so its not what you want :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Jack, I have to vote for Magnaflow... whole heartedly! [:D]

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a mufflers a muffler!!!! why do people tend to think flowmaster is for a bigger engine?? they make mufflers with 2.25" inlets, outlets!!! thats no F BODY MUFFLER IM SORRY!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
no flowmaster unless you want me to always make fun of you for secretly being a *******.

magnaflow, borla, thrush...any of those are great mufflers.

haha, i always called them ******* mufflers [histerical]

Mainly because all the ******** have them on there trucks..

I like the sound of the magniflow and borla on a V8 though..

If you had the 2.3 Liter I would say magniflow, but since yours in a 2.0 then Id say Borla.. They sounded the best at FF IMO..
My Trubenz sounds awesome..+ has no resister.. ;)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
borla...
and...

ain't
One entry found.

Main Entry: ain't
Pronunciation: \ˈānt\
Etymology: contraction of are not
Date: 1749
1 : am not : are not : is not
2 : have not : has not
3 : do not : does not : did not —used in some varieties of Black English
usage Although widely disapproved as nonstandard and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't in senses 1 and 2 is flourishing in American English. It is used in both speech and writing to catch attention and to gain emphasis <the wackiness of movies, once so deliciously amusing, ain't funny anymore — Richard Schickel> <I am telling you—there ain't going to be any blackmail — R. M. Nixon>. It is used especially in journalistic prose as part of a consistently informal style <the creative process ain't easy — Mike Royko>. This informal ain't is commonly distinguished from habitual ain't by its frequent occurrence in fixed constructions and phrases <well—class it ain't — Cleveland Amory> <for money? say it ain't so, Jimmy! — Andy Rooney> <you ain't seen nothing yet> <that ain't hay> <two out of three ain't bad> <if it ain't broke, don't fix it>. In fiction ain't is used for purposes of characterization; in familiar correspondence it tends to be the mark of a warm personal friendship. It is also used for metrical reasons in popular songs <Ain't She Sweet> <It Ain't Necessarily So>. Our evidence shows British use to be much the same as American
lol
per:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain't

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yah I have no resonator or lunch box and the sound of the car going down the road isent bad...pumkinsvt one day saw me driving down the 10fwy in El Monte and I was doing like 75 and he said he couldent even hear it.....what really bothers me about my exhaust is the cold starts and how my exhaust sounds...its sounds horrible for the first 2 minutes or so....Im thinking of keeping my turbo muffler and just adding a magnflow resonator...and Im buying a stock SVT exhaust in the next couple days I wanna throw that back on with the ORP and see how I like that

1 - 20 of 33 Posts