Focus Sport
K&N aircharger
K&N Typhoon
AEM
Steeda

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
all cais sound good, but steeda is a short ram, so its a lot shorter, therefore more noise

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm not sure how you can logically conclude that just because it is shorter that it will have a greater volume.

I would rather look at this from a musical standpoint. Take a look at the saxophone. Those that are larger and longer have a deeper and fuller tone, while those that are shorter and smaller are more high pitched and sound thinner.

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
well thats what i had heard, all i know is my short ram made my engine really freaking loud

·
Registered
16 Posts
MM is the best. Sounds nice and deep when you hit the higher RPM's plus you get that little whistle sound when you hit the gas.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
my steeda is loud and i love it

·
Registered
696 Posts
DarkHorse said:
K&N is pretty loud. I heard it on a 2.0 Duratec and it sounded like a shop vac.

[rofl]

·
Registered
94 Posts
my aem cai (not ram) gives me a nice vac hiss mid throttle. i wish i had the hiss from a blow-off valve though.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
MM...

sound wise though the F2 sounds the best hands down.. YOu can definately tell the difference between them and the F2 sounds awesome.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ill have to vouch for my MM. Havent had any other CAI to compare it with but I'm verry satisfied with it. Performance/quality/sound wise. I bought the CAI when my car was brand new3/30/04 and had it on up to the end.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried 3 intakes.

-Focus Sport CAI (old intake)
-Steeda Short Ram (Winter intake)
-Cosworth CAI (my new summer intake)

For the sound, the Steeda short ram is by far the most loud.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just installed my AEM CIA last night and it sounds great at higher RPMs or WOT. But very quite at low RPMs during regular daily driving. I have not expereneced the sound of the other systems so I'm going to have to pick the AEM.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I have to say the STeeda intake sounds the best mainly cuz I have one and know what it sounds like, but secondly because it is a SRI, so the air filter is right in the engine bay making it possibly the loudest intake due to itsa location. ALso, the filter is always hissing and whooshing as well. If I have my windows open, and I get on it from like a 2 mile per hour roll, the filter goes whooooosh up until like 4000 rpms. It sounds similiar to a spooling turbo.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts