Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I've got an otto racing high flow muffler but I want to get a cat back. And while I love the way it sounds I think it's still a bit to restrictive. I want the extra power from the freer flowing system, but I still want it to be kinda loud. so who makes the best sounding cat back for the focus. I haven't acctually heard an focus cat backs so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Borla, i have one w. full exhaust and still have a high flow cat and i like it, loud but not too loud

·
Registered
793 Posts
HKS youll never find a sound like it, deep tone, quiet when normal, loud when pushing it, best cat back ever!

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey euro do you have any pics of the hks???? i have the 2.25 magnaflow sounds really good everyone comments on it too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah me to Zetec, I have a Magna flow (w/ a flex pipe and hi flow cat) and the Sound is incredible!!!!!! I have been complimented on it a dozen times or so this week and I only got it installed on monday!!!!!! I cant wait to go to church tomorrow, I know Ill be turnin heads there too. I heard that the Bosal and Borla ones are really good too, they are a bit loud though. I like the Magna flow cause its so Deep and Smooth. Like I said the compliments will be commin your way if you get the magna flow!!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have the Magnaflow as well (with header, high-flow cat and flex). After adding those last three parts it sounds so much better (not that I never liked the sound of it before). But, alas, I've never had any comments on mine and it's been on for almost 4 months.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like my Magnaflow cat back, nice and deep but not too loud, feels like it picked up some power in the mid to high rpm range, at least thats what my butt dyno sayz.

·
Registered
565 Posts
zx3 chick, you prob havnt had any compliments on your exhaust yet cause you live in West Virgina!!!!!! I have had my exhaust for a full week as of today and I have gotten compliments almost every day on it from different people. even at church I got the heads to turn, and I didnt let it rip so that I wouldnt look like an ass. and what kinda header do you have, cause I am getting one for my bday soon, I am thinking about getting a JBA, but I wanna know which is best!!!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
hey c'mon, no WV shots here. AND WE'RE NOT ALL POOR REDNECKS. everyone in my neighborhood must make well over $100,000 a year. (which isn't crazy rich, but it's not poor redneck money.)

·
Registered
565 Posts
WEST VIRGINIA FOR LIFE...actually it sucks here, but i'm goin the the university, so it's not that bad ;-)

·
Registered
565 Posts
hey I never said that no one there makes money, or that everyone there is a red neck. I know a few people who live near me that were from WV, and I have visited there and its not that bad. I was just saying that you wont find many people w/ HOOKED UP CARS in WV, not like you would in a more urbanized state like Cali or NY!
Now to Kiedo's Question, after seeing everyones response, Id say go w/ the MAGNA FLOW, mad heads recommended it.
I got a question for everyone else though, which is better Magna flow or Borla????? Borla costs like 150 dollars more than Magna flow which will make one wonder if it is a better cat back, and if it is are we talking about 1 or 2 hp for like 5 to 10hp?????? I love my MAGNA FLOW BABY and I wouldnt change her for anything!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts