Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I MAY have a faulty slave cylinder (haven't had time to continue re-bleeding to confirm).
If it is bad, it failed after only 10k. It is a brand new factory ford part. Knowing that oem is best in many applications on our car, I am pissed that I paid the bigger bucks for what I expected to be the most proper/ more reliable part, only to have to tear the whole car back apart.

So, what brand makes the best slave cylinder/ t.o. bearing unit (for our car) hands down??

Thanks to all! Much love for this forum

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Most are all made by the same company. You go to autozone and it will probably say Luk on it which is the OEM manufacturer and I think that's what mine said when I got it from autozone but I can't be for sure, but I do know it happens.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah pretty much lol. oem parts fail too. or theres something else wrong.

not gonna lie, I didnt see "cylinder" in the thread title at first.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah pretty much lol. oem parts fail too. or theres something else wrong.

not gonna lie, I didnt see "cylinder" in the thread title at first.
Lolz :)

Yeah I guess I don't need it for now. I finally got a chance to test drive after I gravity bled the system. All seems to be working now. Whew! I thought I was gonna have to pull the tranny back out afyer only 10k on this slave cylinder.
You really do have to bleed and bleed and bleed far beyond what would typical for brakes, etc.. I can't believe how much fluid I had to flow through to get it done. I think I went theough 4 whole quarts.

Thanks to everyone. I did figure that they were probably all built by one manufacturer, but figured I'd ask n see if anyone knew of any other specialty brand. Oh well, thank goodness it don't have come out. Thanks again y'all!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My post above this one should be edited: my slave DID infact fail, and I just dicovered that this "oem" ford part is just a luk that ford buys em from. I'm even more pissed that I coulda just bought a luk for cheaper and not have given money to ford. (Cause I hate ford, the company)

·
Registered
17,467 Posts
Hey, there's a LOT more of that going on than you could ever imagine. Some of the worst OTC part companies supply to Ford as OEM. Supposedly, quote, quote, those OEM parts are better quality, but looking at the ones I get from Ford direct I do not swallow that any more.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Which is why I reused the one that was there (despite stern warnings not to!) when I put a used clutch plate in to replace the one that the previous owner had ground down to nothing by driving like an idiot. The master was shot, leaking all over the pedal, so I put a used one of those in too.

Cheap to the end...yet 130 000kms later, all are still working fine. I guess the initial quality was there in the parts, just not in the replacements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts