Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my '06 ZX3 and am looking for a Short throw shifter. I have only found a few, B&M and the Steeda. Are there any others? Witch one would be the best for a daily driver? Thanks for any help!

Also, where is a good place to buy from? Thanks again!

-Brian

·
Registered
367 Posts
cruzstyle said:
i would say STEEDA, i just got mine and holy carp its the bomb i dodnt thik this thing would be so smoth and nice and make driving fun again
Agreed excellent shifter! I to have it and love it. Check My Photo Gallery for a pic. You'll need to use your stock boot though so it won't look as good as mine but it will work just the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was goin to spend the $160.00 to $200.00 on a short shifter until i took mine apart and looked at it. Its so easy to just make one I even came up with a reverse lockout delete. I shortened mine 2 inchs and it is perfect I love it. I use to hate shifting into 5th. It seemed like you had to go a mile over then up. Itjustdidnt seem to flow very good. But now you dont even have to think just just shiftit and go LOL!!!!!!!! I will try to post some pics soon and probably a how to with a couple pics. And I am goin to see how much I can get shifters for and try to start making short shifters so everyone doesnt have to spend $160.00 + for a damn shifter. I love my car 05 cd silver ZX4 with 2.0 duratec. But damn parts are so expensive. I am helping my friend Ashley build up her '93 civic [V] So it doesn't turn into another riced out HONDA. It makes me sick at what parts she can get for half to a quarter of the price of ours. I told her I would make her a short shifter until I looked around and got her one for like 20 bucks [:(!] I was like thats not worth it for me to do that work for 20 dollars. But don't get me wrong I would rather have something different and pay more for parts then have what everyone else has!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the long blabber just had to let out some steam LOL!!!!!!!!! Letme know if you guys are interested.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you made your own....? Not good...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
um in case u didnt know just cutting the shaft does not make it a STS because the linkages are still the same so that does nothing for shifting gears. so yes its a waste of time and effort u just look lke u have one but have non of the performence of one

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I had a B&M shifter in my 5.0 Stang and loved it. But alot of people here love the Steeda. You cant go wrong either way. I say go with the best deal between the two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts