Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Anyone have any stories or opions on the best short ram intanke for performance a daily driver[:D]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
Volant......A shortram with no side affects and a CAI with no side affects.

Volant or Pipercross......all the benefits of the shortram and no chance of getting hydrolock like a CAI

·
Registered
773 Posts
SVT intake swap. matched the performance of the volant with only a paper filter. id prob kick its ass with a K&N filter

-Sarif2029

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
i have the volant..and can vouch for at least 2 tenth gain from the iceman..mybe a cowinkidink but....gives mor top end... good luck man [thumb]

·
Registered
79 Posts
I run the iceman with an svt snorkle, works great, fits great, nice tone when layin on the throttle.

·
Registered
341 Posts
But with a SRI don't you just suck alot of engine bay hot air????

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yeah, i have an AEM and will make a heatshild for my self. I don't personally like the look of the volant though

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
HempHound said:
But with a SRI don't you just suck alot of engine bay hot air????
lildisco said:
Volant......A shortram with no side affects and a CAI with no side affects.

Volant or Pipercross......all the benefits of the shortram and no chance of getting hydrolock like a CAI
The Volant has a Box Around it so it doesn't suck in Hot Air From The Engine Bay. It sucks the Cold Air from the Snorkle and from a tube from the side of the box. It can be re routed to suck in air exactly in the same place as a true CAI. With it's posistion, you don't have to worry about Hydrolocking your engine, but you can suck in Cold Air [thumb]

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like my CAI and the way mine is set up there's not much chance of hydrolock unless i drive through a flood zone. Check it out in my photos. Oh and mine $45.00 invested which now gives ma an extra $100+ in tne coffers towards my lowering kit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
AEM one sucks! i have it and it is too close to the engine bay. it sucks all sorts of hot air in and the MAF sensor is put in the worst possible way. i would say go volent. or u could make ur own for cheap[thumb]

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The name is V O L A N T, say it again, V O L A N T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts