Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well I'm waiting for my next paycheck to come in so I can order my headers and get my exhaust. Now I just need help on finding a good short ram intake for my zx3. Someone or most of yal I kno can help me ouyt with this. So please send a link. For a good intake at a good price... Thankz a lot my focus family

·
Registered
386 Posts
K&N Typhoon SRI is pretty nice. I got mine off of CFM and i am pretty sure they still have free shipping on them.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
volant will be the best w/ the snorkle if you stick w/ the short ram!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Swiss cheese the bottom half of the stock airbox with a 1/4" drill, especially on the drivers side half. It looks stock, sounds louder, and may even add a little power. Just like a short ram. It doesn't look as cool though.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i would say make your own from parts at pepboys or autozone i think you can find a how to.... if you go to spectreperformance.com you can look up the parts needed for the build and pick them up at your local store

·
Registered
4 Posts
i would say make your own from parts at pepboys or autozone i think you can find a how to.... if you go to spectreperformance.com you can look up the parts needed for the build and pick them up at your local store
thats a good way to go if you don't want to spend a lot of money, the total setup for that is about $45, it looks good too

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i had one on a past car and loved it, i have built them fo civics too they just work great and it is a simple short ram not anything hard like cold air

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
on the spectre you will need: part 8705 (maf sensor housing),a 90 degree elbow, 2 4 inch pipes, and a 3 in to 2.5 in reducer and a filter put it together with clamps and your done

·
Banned
143 Posts
the volant and pipercross are good because they sit like an sri but draw cold air from elsewhere, resulting in better gains. apart from these 2 the others are all the same filter on a stick deal. save your money and buy a cheapy or just take your airbox out and put a filter on the end of you airflow sensor. be sure to buy/make a heatshield and cold air feed.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
ya you can put the spectre filter on your stock tube unless you want the chrome also i would make a heat sheild and remove some of the weather stripping to prevent heat soak, you can leave your stock snorkle to move some fresh air into the heat sheild to allow the intake to breath a bit better

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Save your money up for an AEM CAI or a volant. Two of the best in my opinion. The volant has a slight advantage over the AEM because it is in the spot of a short ram, so you don't suck up water from the road, but it draws in cold air like a true cold air intake would.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i know this isnt a short ram but the stock SVT intake has been proven to flow the most, or so ive heard. i found this out after i out my AEM sri on. just my luck i guess, b/c i would have bought one of those if i had knew before hand.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts