Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a 5-6 step process that starts with buffing the car and using 3 different waxes and a few different towels. An orbital buffer is really your best bet by the way. 1. Wash the car and wipe it down with a damp cloth rag/towel. (shake all waxes before using them)

2. Buff the car with Meguiars Cleaner Wax.

3. wipe the car down with a dry microfiber cloth, making sure to look down the edges of the car for spots you might have missed,

4. now go back over the whole car again with a fresh damp cloth rag/towel amd Meguiars Quik Detailer Wax.

5. Spray Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer Wax on another separate damp cloth/rag and go over the car again.

6. Stand back and say OH MY DAMN!!!!

My profile pic is my 2010 Focus SE that wasn't really taken care of on the outside before i owned it. This really is amazing if applied correctly.

It ends up being a mirror, glass, wet look that I've never seen matched.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
After a through wash, use a clay bar to get the above surface contaminantes, fall out, rail dust, ect glass smooth, then using a Rupes/Griots 15 or a Flex 3401 w/ a 5.5 m/f pad, use Wolfgang's Uber compound or Menzurna's FG400 to correct below surface issues, then using a 5.5'' medium foam pad w/ SF 3500 or Wolfgang's total swirl remover & finish it off w/ Wolfgang's deep gloss paint sealant & then if you want to go w/ a Carnauba paste wax.....Pinnacle Souveran paste wax.......http://wolfgangcarcare.com

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wash frequently with a quality soap, clay bar every year to several years depending on environment, and use a wax / sealant at least two times a year. If you do those your car will be better than 90% of the cars on the road.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Wash frequently with a quality soap, clay bar every year to several years depending on environment, and use a wax / sealant at least two times a year. If you do those your car will be better than 90% of the cars on the road.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Unless you live in California...then it'd be more like 10-20 percent.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Unless you live in California...then it'd be more like 10-20 percent.
But I don't. My Wife is from upstate New York up there if you don't have a hole through your car you're doing pretty good. My cars are normally the shiniest in any parking lot. Maybe when I'm retired I'll have the time to use a polisher, and spend at minimum 8 hours doing paint correction.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't have to do all of that. It truly is the deepest shine iv'e seen on any vehicle ever, and Iv'e had others agree as well. Hell...Yesterday I ran it through a quick cheap wash and dry and never even touched it after that. At first glance, it looks like it just rolled out of a detail shop lol. I'm on here separate from my phone but have other pics. I took one that looks like a freak'n mirror. its a straight down shot at my hood, and you can clearly see the clouds in the sky reflecting of my hood.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Is orbital buffer really needed? What would happen if I won't use that?
Depends on how far you want to go.....4 uneven pressure points + your thumb vs a machine....I'll take the machine anyday. A Griots 6'' works great, to start out with, I'd use a 5.5'' bp= back plate to use 5.5 pads, Sonax cutmax or my fav Wolfgang's uber compound using GG's 5.5'' mf pad, works awesome, followed w/ a WG's finishing glaze & Wolfgang's deep gloss 3.0 paint sealant......http://autogeek.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts