Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am planning to use the Eibach Pro-System Plus on my ZX3. I really want some 18 inch rims on there, most likely 18x7, maybe depending on rub 18x7.5. My question to you is what sort of tire size should I get that will result in a no-rub situation and a good daily drive? Is this possible to have 18's w/o rub? I would prefer not to have to do any sort of body work to my fenders to get this to fit. Any suggestions would be bueno! I will consider going to a 17 inch wheel if that is what will give me the most hassle free set up. Thanks a bunch!

-Blake [thumb]

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Yep!...17 inch will be a no hassle.......with the 2" drop you are already going to need a camber so I can't imagine that you can go big on the wheels........but it has been accomplished.............

Peace..........

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, but it didn't really answer my question

I am going with the ProKit, not Sportline, so its only a 1.4" drop, and I won't need camber adjusting. Once again, I am wondering if I will get rub with an 18inch wheel on this setup. What is the best tire with the least chance of rub and the best for just an everyday drive?

Any help much appreciated

-B

·
Registered
312 Posts
215/35-18 will keep you about the same OD as factory. This should be OK. but your not going to get a good everyday ride out of any 18" - not enough sidewall for our application. with a sidewall that small the manufacturer stiffens the sidewall to help support the weight of the car because there is not enough room for a good air cushion.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the feedback

I have decided that I am going to go with the 17's and a little more tire rather than always worrying with an 18 inch rim. I also need to consider I have one hell of a driveway to get out of everyday, so I would be best to play it safe. Thanks everyone for your advice and lets consider this post closed.

-Blake [thumb]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts