Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Best RPM's to launch at?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SVTme 
#1 ·
I have been racing from a dig and each time i change my launch up a little. The results vary and im still trying to find that perfect launch. If you guys have any suggestions that would be cool. My mods are magnaflow exhaust, steeda short ram, diablo flash tune, steeda underdrive pulleys. If you dont have any suggestions i would like to know what you guys are launching at.

#2 · (Edited)
Well, you're on the right track, practice, practice, practice. I think it depends on a lot of factors, i.e. tires, whether your TC is disabled etc... But pretty much the only way to launch this car is to rev and feather. I usually start just below 5k and feather the clutch out, it's a very "felt" launch.

#6 ·
Oh, and you can also try searching the SVT section on this topic, it has been discussed to death. Have fun.
It's been discussed to death in the ”Racing, Rally & Autocross” forums...
Moved. [;)]

Here's some help:
Search Results for "launching + SVT"

The biggest question, is do you have Traction Control, or not?
Does your car have the "Winter Package"?
(Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, Block Heater, and Traction Control)
The TC button will be on the passenger side of the console, aft of the shifter, and just behind the heated seat buttons.

#11 ·
3200 rpm's, drop the clutch then punch it. Hey, you gotta pay to play. This is a wind-up car. If you have drag radials you might be able to go higher. One guy in my area with a bolted svt told me about this method and ran a 14.9 on street tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.