Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would the best size rear sway bar be?...my car is lowered on the Eibach Sport-System Kit. and do not have i front strut tower bar. i would like both but don't know what the best size would be.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It realy depends on what your goals are with the car.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to handle great!!!...lol.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, unless u plan on doing a lot more suspension work, i don't think the 28.6 mm one will work for you too well.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well what all would i have to do?....limited on cash so probably not.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
The 28.6 is the cheapest bar. But you dont want that. One with that bar it will make it easier for the rear tire to left up during hard cornering which in turns gives you less traction. That bar with the stock front would also give you major understeer. The Eibach set is probably the best you can get for handling. 22mm front and 25mm rear.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!...so that would be the best setup with my suspension?...i kind of want a little over steer, would that give me any?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well wouldn't the 25mm be better?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
You would get some. The 22 and 25 is a great setup from what i've heard. and its not priced bad either at around 250ish i think?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u get oversteer problems w/ 28.6 mm bar. but you have to have a good suspension and a 24 mm front at least.

·
Registered
626 Posts
if you match the 28.6 mm bar with the hr 24 front you shouldnt have too much trouble with the rear end lifting up rignt? a few people on here have that setup IIRC

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, its a good setup, i have it, but i still get a little oversteer. i had massive oversteer when i just had the rear in on stock front, then i put the 24 mm one in and it was much much better.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok then it looks like i want the 25 and 22 setup then...thanks!

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
yeah 25 22 is probably going to be your best option for a daily driver
i'm torn right now between the 25/22 and the 28/24 but i think i'll wind up going with the 22/25 as well since that seems like it would be a bit more forgiving on a daily driver

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now all i need is some nice set of rims and im in business...lol....15s arn't the best when it comes to handling.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
^^ not necessarily true....you just need the wheel width :D

I'd say for a daily driver, just jump up to a 22mm rear and keep a stock front.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
My recommendation is to get the smallest bar that will do the job. A good handling car is a NEUTRAL handling car and that should be your goal. It DOES NOT REQUIRE a huge bar to do this. Going with a really big rear bar requires a bigger front bar to neutralize the bigger rear bar. Are you getting the picture...its really never ending. Really big sways also require the control arms to be reinforced or they will fail as well as beefier front end links (read more money). If you have a stock front bar and don't wish to replace it (e.g. spend more money than you need too) a modest size rear bar is all that you really need to make the car "neutral". A Progress 22mm bar would do this quite nicely.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts