Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Boy. Quality wise I would probably say the Focussport intake. Everything they make is absolutely top-notch. I have seen it in person and it is a very nice piece.

The Steeda I have I had a bit of fitment issues with. The heatshield. Fixed it but it was annoying.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ok my vote still goes towards steeda. Although it is not a full intake and a bit pricey it is on sale now. Also you have got to love that weld job on the maf housing! cheers!

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
K&N.... obviously. It looks stock, hard plastic, very nifty.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i personally like the steeda's build quality-the aluminum MAF housing just screams expensive. It does have fitment issues however so that takes away from it.

any of the intakes that reuse the stock MAF housing don't feel as high quality as those that don't.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
I just installed a Steeda one not too long ago, I'm loving it man! Gives a nice sound to your car at mid range RPM's too!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
cossie! *sell ya mine...for an arm, and a leg...and maybe a nut? hehe, jk. maybe. yeah, i am.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
well i havent seen all of them in person...actually the only one ive seen in person is mine (FS) so thats really the only one i can vouch for, and i have no complaints about it, very top notch.

I mean really this should only be concerned with CAI best quality...because if you want the best quality in SRI you got one choice

so is there anybody that has had all the intakes lol? i know a few people have had the cosi and fs, maybe they can give some insight between those two at least

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
I've had in my hands, the k&n, the cosworth and the steeda. The first one I got was the steeda without the chrome thingy, it basically is an aluminum tube with the maf housing; it felt really strong but I always had in mind a CAI. Then I got the K&N, huge improvement in performance and sound, sinlge piece easy to install. It is made of hard plastic and you don't need to reuse the stock maf housing. Personally the best choice. Then I got the cosworth for a couple of days. No notorious performance improvements over the k&n, sound was lil bit different but my exhaust covered it. decided to go back to the K&N, which in my opinion is more user friendly and with a more durable and stock construction.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
CAI is best, I love my K&N

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you guys are looking for an intake like the costworth, send me a pm and we will have no problems making them. Quality is our top concern with every product we make. Please keep in mind that a 3" intake will need a tune adjustment. We can also a 3" intake that necks down to the stock ID simialar to the K&N but just a little larger. A velocity stack at the filter is also an option.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Cosworth under my hood... nothing better if you ask me

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.