Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for OEM or OEM quality brake rotors and pads for the front. Obviously not too expensive but also not super low quality either. I'm not 100% familiar with brand names so between RockAuto, SummitRacing, Tousley, ebay, where can I get the best value for the parts?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently did my rear brakes; rotors and pads. I got Motorcraft parts from Rock Auto and I was happy with the price and service.

A note though, the Motorcraft rotors were made in China. I thought that was unusual, but there is nothing unusual about them, the quality seems good.

·
Boycott China Focus
4,192 Posts
tousley will give you the best prices on any ford oem parts. motorcraft and rockauto summit etc will give you good prices but on aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got a set from rotorpros for a great price for the cobra. I got the rotors and pads for around 200.00.

http://www.rotorpros.net/

·
Registered
209 Posts
For oem or bettery stopping i would go with hawk hps or ebc greenstuff. Both are a good OEM replacement. Personally i use power slot rotors with hawk hp+ but thats only if you don't mind a little squeak and alot of stopping power.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked CFM and they have Centric rotors and Hawk HPS pads for about $176 before shipping. Not bad.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So you all figure $200 for two front rotors and pads is decent?

That price was for the whole set of 4 with pads, not just two.
They were drilled and slotted, zink coated and painted centers.
They use Centric rotors. These rotors are the same ones used by several other well known brake parts companies at alot higher prices.

You can of course find much cheaper rotors at your local parts store if you just want rotors and pads

·
Registered
21 Posts
tousley will give you the best prices on any ford oem parts. motorcraft and rockauto summit etc will give you good prices but on aftermarket parts.
+1 for this

I live in MN and have worked with Steve @ Tousley personally. Good man and good prices. Don't know how good the shipping would be, but I've heard good things!

[cheers]

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've ordered stuff through Tousely before... yeah they do have awesome prices. I looked and I think OEM replacement was approx $200 for two front rotors and 4 pads. Seems about standard if you look enough.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That price was for the whole set of 4 with pads, not just two.
They were drilled and slotted, zink coated and painted centers.
They use Centric rotors. These rotors are the same ones used by several other well known brake parts companies at alot higher prices.

You can of course find much cheaper rotors at your local parts store if you just want rotors and pads
Yeah I got quoted $220 shipped for all four corners. Although when I asked what brand the rotors and pads were, they replied with the pads being Centric. They didn't say anything about the rotors. Kind of strange how everywhere I've looked shows Centric rotors and pads for $200 for just the front, while these guys are all four.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did some shopping around last year for the cobra and ended up going with the rotorpros set. I'm satisfied with them. they are centric rotors. They buy centric blanks then drill and slot them themselves. I guess it's all about advertising. These guys are low budget in the advertising are as far as I can tell. It appears that they just try to sell volume and keep the cost down. The pads I got were Posi Quiets. They are a decent semi-metalic pad, low dust, which is what I wanted. They quoted the hawk ceramic pads for 60.00 more at the time. Again, a good price on the hawk pads if that's what you want.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Steve @ Toulsey Ford= awesome service!

+1 for this

I live in MN and have worked with Steve @ Tousley personally. Good man and good prices. Don't know how good the shipping would be, but I've heard good things!

[cheers]
Steve @ Toulsey= awesome service. That's where I got my torsen![thumb]

·
Registered
131 Posts
Older thread I know but..
I just ordered all 4 rotors from WWW.ROTORPROS.NET
All 4 SVT slotted and zinc coated black for $200 shipped.
They use Centric rotors which are good OE quality rotors.
I already have Hawk HPS pads waiting in my garage so now all I need is to find some orange brake rotor paint.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm getting ready to get my car back on the road (finally) and brake are on my list. Anyway, I can vouch for Tousley, as well as Tire Rack, as I've bought brake parts from both.

I've heard good things about BAT Inc. (http://www.batinc.net/focus.htm). Anyone bought their brake kits before?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts