Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Best Performance Chip???????

1366 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Yel900rr
I bought a used 2001 Focus ZX3 with 72,000 miles on it and it came already on it with a Borla exhaust....lucky me, anyways all ive added so far is a AEM Cold air intake, which i need to put the the bypass valve on that i bought before it rains, i heard it could hydrolock but it probably wont as long as i dont submerge it. Oh and i bought some new motorcraft spark plugs and some ford racing 9mm spark plug wires. Anyways, to my question....

Im looking into buying a performance chip/programmer, or watever any of you would like to call it. My question is............WHICH ONE IS THE BEST??? I know off of focussport theres the.... superchip, then at summit racing which i live close enough to drive, theres the....Venom module, which i heard is shit because it basically just makes it go to open throttle when your at half throttle, thats just on the reviews ive read. And then i saw the JET Chip too, which ive seen on trucks before and havent heard to much about them, plus its the cheapest at $199 at summit. Im not sure if theres anymore so if you kno any tell me. Anyways i like to do my research first. cause i figure if you do it right the first time, you dont have worry about it.

So in conclusion....... WHICH CHIP/PROGRAMMER/MODULE IS THE BEST ONE FOR MY MONEY AND WILL DELIVER ME WITH THE BEST PERFORMANCE FOR MY ZX3????????

YellowJoeFo!!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a manual transmission, now how hard is it to tune everything?? plus i read on the sct site it will only get me about 6 whp and 9 torque thats not alot for 400 dollars??? what about the sct chip?? just put it and your done right???

· ( o Y o )
5,789 Posts
That was on a stock car though. If you have intake, exhaust, udp, headers, anything performance that goes up. on a fwd 4 cyl car up to 10 hp/tq at the wheels is a good investment. im sure that can go up with differnet octane settings aswell.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
xcal2 is the best because you can also use it as a scan tool and you can change the tune very easily, as well as get a new one thru email. and you can also datalog if you have problems and a tuner can help you figure out the problem.

· Registered
895 Posts
You will not get 10 whp and wtq from a chip even on a modified cars unless the cars tune is way off. The SVT will pick up a couple of horsepower and torque but in some areas of the curve it picks up good power. Chip tuning picks up a little peak but gives you a better range of power. I have dynoed and tuned more than 99 % of these shops (Except Tom) and have never seen that kind of gain from chip tuning. I have dynoed these other shops tunes. I have seen more power from cam gears than any single mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.