Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2001 Focus ZX3 with 72,000 miles on it and it came already on it with a Borla exhaust....lucky me, anyways all ive added so far is a AEM Cold air intake, which i need to put the the bypass valve on that i bought before it rains, i heard it could hydrolock but it probably wont as long as i dont submerge it. Oh and i bought some new motorcraft spark plugs and some ford racing 9mm spark plug wires. Anyways, to my question....

Im looking into buying a performance chip/programmer, or watever any of you would like to call it. My question is............WHICH ONE IS THE BEST??? I know off of focussport theres the.... superchip, then at summit racing which i live close enough to drive, theres the....Venom module, which i heard is shit because it basically just makes it go to open throttle when your at half throttle, thats just on the reviews ive read. And then i saw the JET Chip too, which ive seen on trucks before and havent heard to much about them, plus its the cheapest at $199 at summit. Im not sure if theres anymore so if you kno any tell me. Anyways i like to do my research first. cause i figure if you do it right the first time, you dont have worry about it.

So in conclusion....... WHICH CHIP/PROGRAMMER/MODULE IS THE BEST ONE FOR MY MONEY AND WILL DELIVER ME WITH THE BEST PERFORMANCE FOR MY ZX3????????

YellowJoeFo!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
best will be the Xcal 2 by far! it flashes ur reg ECU and gives really nice gains. also you can hook it up to your car and it will check any CEL you get. problem is its expensive as hell (400$)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Your best tune would be done local on thr dyno using Diablo or SCT tuning. If you want a mailorder chip or tuner give us a call.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never been to a dyno

haha well ive never been to a dyno and i dont even know where one is or what to do, so i was looking more for a chip or progammer to help me out. the easiest way

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i've got an XCal2 from hypnotic illusions (wayne) i love it, it really woke up the auto. check out his page at www.hypillauto.com you can see what all he does.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the X cal raise top end speed?

Hey i was wondering if the xcal will raise my top end speed???? like take the governor off my car, cause my gives out around 109-110

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
yes it will do that, those links i posted say that aswell, it will also change the shift points if you have an auto. Great things can come from these programmers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a manual transmission, now how hard is it to tune everything?? plus i read on the sct site it will only get me about 6 whp and 9 torque thats not alot for 400 dollars??? what about the sct chip?? just put it and your done right???

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I can tell you that I got my tune from Wayne at www.hypillauto.com and I LOVE it, best bang for the buck, period!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
That was on a stock car though. If you have intake, exhaust, udp, headers, anything performance that goes up. on a fwd 4 cyl car up to 10 hp/tq at the wheels is a good investment. im sure that can go up with differnet octane settings aswell.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
xcal2 is the best because you can also use it as a scan tool and you can change the tune very easily, as well as get a new one thru email. and you can also datalog if you have problems and a tuner can help you figure out the problem.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You will not get 10 whp and wtq from a chip even on a modified cars unless the cars tune is way off. The SVT will pick up a couple of horsepower and torque but in some areas of the curve it picks up good power. Chip tuning picks up a little peak but gives you a better range of power. I have dynoed and tuned more than 99 % of these shops (Except Tom) and have never seen that kind of gain from chip tuning. I have dynoed these other shops tunes. I have seen more power from cam gears than any single mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts