Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that the black paint on the right cover of my 07 fog light is flaking off and the silver underneath is showing. Any suggestions you folks have would be great (application, paint brand, contrasting colors, etc.). I've never actually modded anything on my car before so I'm a complete noob with this stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got some rustolum? lens tint from auto zone and did my front turns and side bumper turns as well as 3rd brake light only had it a week but id recommend it

·
Registered
483 Posts
If its the surround of the fog light I used Krylon Rust Tough on a grille and it looks great. They have a lot of different colors but if you use the Semi-Flat it matches pretty well with the stock black trim. And its pretty tough paint too. Can get you a pic if you want.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Plastidip!!!! Comes in a spray can and if you don't like it it peels off but is tougher than nails some people use it in their rims

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The finished product

It's finished! I enlisted the help of a friend and despite not being able to remove the fog lights, we think we did a wicked good job. I've always loved the black/dark silver combo, so I hit up the local auto store for gray auto primer and Medium Metallic Silver Duplicolor. 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of Duplicolor, and 3 coats of clear Duplicolor gloss over it.

The right housing before, with the black flaking off.

We used painter's tape and plastic sheeting. Cheap and doesn't damage the car in any way.

The finished product!

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I think that looks great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts