Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think is the best oil filter for a focus? I've been researching oil filters and the filter i use(fram) has a crap rep. also what about oil. what do you use? i use high millage sythetic blend vavoline. and why not throw in spark plugs and wires. i believe i have bosh plugs and motorcraft wires

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I use Ford oilfilters I get them at walmart there cheaper than the fram too or at least at my walmart. The autoparts store wants more for them. Has for oil I just use good ole dino oil castrol GTX cause I drive hard lol. I've always used that oil and have had good luck with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use the Amsoil Ea oil filter along with their Signature Series 0w30 oil. Changed at 5k intervals it is providing the best results on the oil analysis. Very little wear.

If you don't want to spend as much money Wix makes a great filter as well. Most auto part stores should have Wix filters. If not Napa Gold and Carquest Premium filters are both made by Wix.

·
Registered
672 Posts
let me tell you a short story. About 8 years ago, I drove a Eclipse turbo, and always changed the oil at 5k. After about 3k miles, the lifters would start sounding a light lifter tick. Would go away when changing the oil, until about 3k. Searched the web for info and started using a Mobil 1. No more noise for the full duration. I surmised that it took about 3k for the oil to accumulate enough unfiltered particles to start causing the problem. My web searches showed the M1 to filter out smaller particles, although there were a few others. For about another $15 a year, it's cheap insurance. I also use M1 or Penzoil platinum 5-20, and the 104 plugs, although those don't get much attention.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Motorcraft oil filter-$3.28 @ Walmart and Pennzoil Platinum 5W30-5 qts. $19 @ Walmart.
Blackstone Labs and "Bobs the oil guy" like the PP oil as much as Mobil One and Bob likes the Motorcraft and Purilator Plus (who make Motorcraft) filters as best for the money. He says that there are better filters out there (Mobil One, Amzoil, etc.) but, they cost 3 to 4 times more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts