Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wondering whats the best oil that would get u the best performance for our svt's i heard royal purple was the best is this true help me out

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
....4.5 qts of fresh &clean

·
Registered
169 Posts
isnt royal purple full synthetic? i thought if u got full its bad for ur engine....dont u have to go blend for a bit then full?

·
Registered
210 Posts
No. True on older vehicals. But as long as the rings are seated, you're fine.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Mobil 1 is the best value out there. Just as good as Redline and RP.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really royal is at pet boys i read on the web site its gives u hourse power is dis true i also heard is was expensive is mobile 1 jus as good but cheaper

·
Registered
370 Posts
man royal purple is deffinatly the best, and know its not bad to go full synth, it is when the engine is brand new and braking in, when you have a brand new car for the first 3-5k miles of its like you have to use either regular oil or synth blend, after you change the oil for the first time then you can switch to full synthetic and let her rip.

when i got my svt it had 26k miles on it, the very same day i bought it i went and picked up 5 qts (but you only use 4.5qts) of royal purple and a K&N oil filter and changed my oil, right now it has 61k miles on it and im and 110% honest when i say it has seen 7,000 rpm to redline about 70-75% of its life with me, and it had never skipped a beat, still runs just as strong, and actually it feels stronger now then it did when i got it,, just do yourself a favor and go with the RP, youll love it, good luck man.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm an Amsoil guy myself. :)

And to the OP....there is no 'best' oil. Just keep it changed as you should and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
shftat6 said:
I'm an Amsoil guy myself. :)

And to the OP....there is no 'best' oil. Just keep it changed as you should and you'll be fine.
Me too , but im just running 5w20 motorcraft semi in mine . I know it says 5w30 but the 5w20 is a much better lasting oil.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I went with RP myself and love it!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I've ran synthetic blend for well over a year, and this last oil change I put the new Pennzoil 5-w30 advanced formula at a whopping $2.40 a quart... I can tell no difference at all.

Just change it every 3k-3.5k and you'll be fine.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Mobil One is all we ever use. 5w30.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i tried royal purple, but honestly couldn't tell a difference from standard motocraft... at any rate, i've been using castrol syntec since it's priced more reasonably than royal purple (around here at least)... i figure if it's good enough for the WRC Focus, it's good enough for mine!!

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I use Mobil 1 all the time [:D]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol i bought royal purple guys and an k&n oil filter but i couldnt find my oil filter on my car i think its under the right wheel is that right and i never changed my svt's oil b4 b/c every time i need 2 is b/c it was in the and they did it 4 me strange

·
Registered
511 Posts
The filter is in the rear on the engine (by the firewall), passenger's side. Just get under the car, you can't miss it. Also, skip on the KN oil filter, it doesn't have the correct anti-drain valve, stick with Motorcraft FL-2005 or equivilant.

Oh, and RP in motor and tranny for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts