Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about asking what is the best mod you have ever done, but that seemed kind of stupid. How can you compare, for example, a turbo kit to fog lights? So, instead what are the best two mods you have ever done, one under $100, one over $100, and most importantly, why they are your favorites. The point of this is to talk about what we like in our cars and why.

I'll give mine later as I don't want to push this thread in any particular direction.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Over $100. = a Torsen diff. which works great on all Foci's. Around a $100. a STS or a dogbone which works w/ all Foci's.

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
well, all in all I love my LEDs that i've installed, just because I taught myself along the way, and never started anything on fire =P. no idea what i've put into those, but 3 dollar leds and 10 dollar strips add up quick. my OEM+ foglight kit i put in, was like 120 from ebay. actual ford package, and I love it. it turned out quite beautifully, it looks like it should be there.
before:

after:

as for under 100, i'd say probably the wheels that arent on yet. bought em from riley, and painted em black. as soon as it even smells like spring is here, they're going on. i'm so stoked

and yes, as soon as I can have em outside (when it isn't 40 below zero), i'm gonna give the tires a good cleaning and shine, as well as a wax on the wheels to seal it up and protect em from debris and brake dust.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under $100 - OMP cast pedals:

These make such a huge difference in heel and toe plus left foot braking. I put them in 2012 as well. I even had them in my 2002 Focus wagon!

Over $100 - Torsen T2 ATB differential:

Honestly, nothing else compares. It just makes everything you want to do with the car better.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have multiple mods for under 100. All done with spray paint of some form.
Plastidipped wheels $10
Plastidipped grill $5
Resonator delete $20
Tinted tails and side markers $20
Debadged $0
Painted headlights $20

Now for the over $100
Steeda intake with cleaner kit $280
Plastidipped and cleared svt rear bumper $375

Now my fav mod was intake for the plain reason of servicability and throttle responce.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Over $100 - Torsen T2 ATB differential:

Honestly, nothing else compares. It just makes everything you want to do with the car better.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Win Win Win^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup. There are two types of Focus owners in this world - those who have an automatic torque biasing differential and those who need one.

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
what is it where can i get it and how much of my soul do I need to offer to receive that gold

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Best mod over $100. Winter tires, I love my nokian tires. They are worth it

Best mod under $100. Gotta be vynil and interior paint

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Yup. There are two types of Focus owners in this world - those who have an automatic torque biasing differential and those who need one.
I concur w/ that. ^^^^^^[lockdance][lockdance][clap][cool][bootyshak[burnout][;)][^][driving][:D][pray][wrenchin][woot][headbang][giddy][cheers][ffrocks][loveff][wave][burnout][:)~]

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
may too many best mods.

over $100. performance tires, Mach HIDs, LSD.
under $100. DRL fog mod, n tinted turnsignals

·
Registered
486 Posts
short ram.
$20 for cone filter.
Free, common sense and creativity

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
short ram.
$20 for cone filter.

Thats great for $20.00, you have $80.00 more dollars to spend. And then for over $100.00.[lockdance]

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
short ram.
$20 for cone filter.

If u could post a pic of how u got it to fit in the throttle tube that would be great. xRESSLERxZX3x is trying to do this.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If u could post a pic of how u got it to fit in the throttle tube that would be great. xRESSLERxZX3x is trying to do this.
Its actually using the stock MAF sensor housing... I used the stop piece and cut it. requires a minimal amount of accuracy but when i get a chance i will post it. i am a little bit busy doing school work currently

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Whenever is cool man. He basicly just jamed it between fender and throttle peice for now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts