Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Ford Focus zx5 with about 83k I'm looking to do some performance modifications. Any suggestions or builds that have been done would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for top speed and acceleration.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Moved to "Duratec Performance". Reading and informing yourself is probably the first best thing you can do. This way you avoid making mistakes that many of others have done. After you think you have attained enough knowledge, ask a lot of questions to become more informed. Then make a wise decision on which direction you want to go to achieve your power goals.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running 136HP bare bone stock right now. I honestly don't have a set goal. I understand it takes loads of cash,I just put in about an $800 audio setup. Looking to do some performance before I finish the style aspect.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd do a sri & tune to start w/. Lowering it would be great also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still new here but I have similar plans. If you don't have one i'd say get a Rear Sway Bar in general. Just did that mod and it helps a heck of a lot. Power Items from what I've read are CAI, Cat Back Exhaust, then Turbo. From what I've read though if you put a turbo on or build the motor you are going to do have to put in a performance clutch. While you are that a differential wouldn't hurt.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'm still new here but I have similar plans. If you don't have one i'd say get a Rear Sway Bar in general. Just did that mod and it helps a heck of a lot. Power Items from what I've read are CAI, Cat Back Exhaust, then Turbo. From what I've read though if you put a turbo on or build the motor you are going to do have to put in a performance clutch. While you are that a differential wouldn't hurt.
I'd just use the clutch you already have, till you need one. When i installed my diff, I didn't even look at the clutch...

·
Registered
14 Posts
So its not a definite you need a performance clutch when you turbo? Just when it goes out get one? Interesting I have learned something today.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
So its not a definite you need a performance clutch when you turbo? Just when it goes out get one? Interesting I have learned something today.
Yea, you could replace the oem one w/ a performance one, my thoughts are, Why not use the one you have till it needs replaced, its there use it. I'd get the turbo dialed in & drive it. If & when you do a clutch, I'd also add a torsen. btw there are other suspension mods I'd do no matter what power you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely. First thing I did was get a full set of Koni Oranges plus the Koni Lowering Springs. UPS just delivered my FSWERKS Race Exhaust, VF Engineering RMM and my OEM fog lights. I have garage work to do this weekend.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Sounds great.... That race exhaust is going to be quite noisey btw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I heard. I personally don't care if its really loud. If the wife complains I will show her where to buy the stealth part. Thanks for the warning though.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That's what I heard. I personally don't care if its really loud. If the wife complains I will show her where to buy the stealth part. Thanks for the warning though.
If its a DD you will & IK she will.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the input so far,I've done some research and I think I have an idea of what I'm going to shoot for!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts