Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys

when i first got my st170, i got roasted off the line by a 2.0 fiat,

ever since that, i have no confidence in my car seeing people off at the lights, i know that seems childish, but hey, if some one wants to have a go, i want the old girl to show them what she can do,

so, now further down the line, i have a few extra mods, and now toms tune, but because of my experience before, i have psychological block,

witch brings me to my question,

how do you launch an svt correctly? at what speed should i shift out of first, and into 2nd?

and do i need to switch to 3rd? or is 2nd gear quicker to the 60??

any help will be appreciated,

as people have mentioned here, one of the most important mods to do, is the driver mod, LEARN THE CAR!!

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
Moved to "Drag Racing". I sure hope you mean that that this is taking place on a sanctioned track and not a public roadway. Just want to let you know that we do not condone street racing of any kind. Just to give you a refresher course, here are the rules again just in case you forgot them. >>Rules clicky<<

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
If you are looking to go fast in a straight line you need a different car...

Not to say your ST170 isn't impressive - It is - but going from light to light is not what it was designed for.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moved to "Drag Racing". I sure hope you mean that that this is taking place on a sanctioned track and not a public roadway. Just want to let you know that we do not condone street racing of any kind. Just to give you a refresher course, here are the rules again just in case you forgot them. >>Rules clicky<<
its off road bragging rights, i will not, and DO not take part in street racing, All my racing is done in a controlled environment, and when i do burn off at the lights, its on a 70mph road, so im well within my rights to spin up to sixty

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just ask them to race around some corners, you'll probably win. And honestly I'm not surprised a Fiat can beat an SVT off the line to 60, same size engine just way less weight

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'd be surprised how much time each shift adds... most cars that have to shift to 3rd never post very good 0-60 times (unless insanely powerful).

I filmed a 0-60 sprint in my car... stayed in 2nd to hit 60 when I did it.

Vid: youtube.com/watch?v=HF-iUleT9n4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts