Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2001 zx3 and was wondering which cold air intake would be the best to put in it. It's a daily driver also.

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol been tooooooooooo many posts on this ... if u got crazy money (and i mean alot) to spend get the Volant with the Ram Air scoop (optional) and u dont have to worry about hydrolock .... if you're on a budget then go for SVT airbox/snorkel w/ K&N filter and you'll have just as much power ... if u barely got any money than just taking out the stock airbox and putting in a cone filter at the end would do alot of good too...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i wouldnt suggest putting a cone at the end of the stock tube. Go with either the volant or an svt airbox/snorkle with a k&n

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
x2 Not another post about intake, like I'm so over it...lol
Buy any air intake system, the gain is next to none over the SUV setup...hahaha!!!
Sorry couldn't help myself but, had to take the pi$$ out of people who love this setup...LOL

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The Stock Svt Intake Out Flows Every Intake Out There
No, that's not 100% correct. It's better than the Zetec intake and is as effective as SRI, but a CAI will flow the same and you will also have better performance due to the colder air. If you don't want to go CAI, the Volant is the way to go, you can add cool air snorkels for even better performance.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
i got an AEM cai with bypass valve an di love mine just make sure if you get a cai you get a bypass valve o your screwed in rain

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
A bypass valve only opens if your filter is completely submerged in water because it needs a vacumm to open. If you get a shield to cover the filter from water or put a 90degree turn up at the end you'll be fine with a CAI in all weather.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Okay here we go again...lol
I wonder how many pages this will go on for... hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.