Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys i couldn’t find an oil thread so i wanted to start one to see if i could get any opinions on a damn good oil for my focus, i drive a 2015 ford focus SE 2.0 flex fuel, and i tell you what, i beat the snot out of my cars engine, floor it every chance i get, rev the piss out of it from a launch, just all around hoonidge in my little car, i want to know what the best high performance oil i should get so i don’t damage my little engine!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
That really depends on the person. Some people will say just use the motorcraft oil, other Royal purple, Mobil 1, etc.

Personally, currently only using motorcraft oil right now. But I'm kind of a fan of Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I'd say stick to motorcraft oil or name brand synthetic oils. Like I said before, it's personal preference.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
hey guys i couldn’t find an oil thread so i wanted to start one to see if i could get any opinions on a damn good oil for my focus, i drive a 2015 ford focus SE 2.0 flex fuel, and i tell you what, i beat the snot out of my cars engine, floor it every chance i get, rev the piss out of it from a launch, just all around hoonidge in my little car, i want to know what the best high performance oil i should get so i don’t damage my little engine!!!!

I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20 and either a Bosch distance plus filter (couldn't find it any more at Walmart) or the new Mobil one filter (annual protection). I register my oil changes on the pennzoil website every time to keep up with the 500,000 mile warranty for any oil lubricated parts.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
RP's HPS w/ a Mobil 1 filter......A great 2nd choice is Mobil 1.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ams oil or motul full synthetic with motor craft filter.

Royal purple is more of a gimmick with it being purple, which is just dyes, which is bad. And ams oil has been proven to protect better than royal purple

·
Registered
671 Posts
I ran Royal Purple in my supercharged Zetec, that oil was awesome. Planning on running it again with my built engine.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mobil 1 extended performance 5-20 and either Motorcraft filter or Mobil 1 filter and I have been going 10K with it. I'm at 120K miles and I drive 750+ miles a week, flame on suckas! [headbang]

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Mobil 1 syth for high mileage here (i have a '06 with close to 300,000) with recommended Mobil 1 filter.. engine runs better then the pensoil i put in first.. ran like a turd and replaced it 3 days later i guess you can call it an oil flush xD

also run Mobil 1 full synth high mileage in my Jag (the jag needs that type of oil as its at 493,000)

never had issues running Mobil nor had my father when he ran it in his trucks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts