Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2008 SES and am wanting to upgrade the headlights. I do a lot of night driving through the prairies and mountains and the stock bulbs just don't cut it.

I've read a bunch of threads on here about Silverstar vs GE Nighthawk vs upgrading to HIDs and I'm not sure which is the best route to go.

Is it better (and more economical) to just replace the bulbs with a better halogen/xenon bulb or replace the entire headlamps with projectors and possibly get HID's (and pay more)?

Quite a few posts say the Silverstars burn out in about 8 months and the Nighthawks will last longer.

Sorry if there is already a thread.

Thanks in advance!

w/ my magic bag
I had Hella's, one would burn out & I ordered another pr & then a while later another burned out. So instead of ordering the bulbs, I have Sylvania zxe's, which I can get in any auto parts store & has a one yr warranty.

Registered
the best but also most expensive solution is a true HID retrofit(many write ups on here) but will give you the most light output without blinding other drivers like a plug and play HID kit would. For just a basic bulb upgrade I ran Phillips xtreme +80 and byfar the best halogen bulb you can get in my opinion. They run about $50 and last a very long time, my last set lasted my nearly 2.5 years. Im currently running the halo/projector headlights with raxiom bulbs and I love that setup, but some people don't like those halo headlights.

w/ my magic bag
Yea those are the oem ones. What would you replace them w/ if you wanted a brighter lite?

Registered
if OP is looking for a brighter replacement, which I think he is, then I recommended the Phillips xtreme +80

1 - 6 of 6 Posts