Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the Steeda Race header but i want to know how it wil perform. Is it worth the $389 dollars or should i be investing my money in a different one?
Thanks fellow Focus drivers

·
Registered
776 Posts
If i had it to do all over again, I'd get the SVT header, find a used one at focus salvage and bolt it on, if you have the zetec motor.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think? but shouldnt the STeeda Race Header be better than just the Stock SVT long tube header?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I don't know b/c i've only used the focussport header, but the general thought on this board about headers s that the SVT is the best you can get. I've seen many a thread where people with an SVT ask about another header and they get flamed by everyone saying they already have the best.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
wasnt there a dyno somewhere showing that with the SVT header and cat a zetec put down the same as the same motor with a long tube with no cat? I may be wrong but i remember discussion about it somewhere....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if it seems like thats the way to go. I just think its funny that the SVT header is the best when all these companies are supposed to make products better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I agree. It is pretty funny, but why would so many people keep their stock header on the SVT if it wasnt true? i can undertsand what you are saying though.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright, so pretty soon ill have a new addition to my car, the SVT header. i cant wait to feel the performance.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Theres plenty of threads on this already, but you cant beat the svt header.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I know the SVTF header works great for performance gains but I've seen complaints that it sits/installs differently(angle and placement) on a standard Focus/Zetec and causes it to sit kind of low and you can run in to some scrapeing of the bottom portion of the header and cause some minor scrapes or dents in some cases.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tom, the SVT headers you have, will they just bolt right on in place of the factory headers? And if so HOW CAN I GET ONE!? lol [woot]

·
Registered
6 Posts
What else needs to be modified in order to fit SVT header?

Would getting aftermarket SVT (instead of regular) exhaust system be beneficial as well?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you can get the svt header kit from mcnews it comes with the header with revised egr bung, a new egr tube, new tipstick and tubing, heat sheild, gasket. i bought the header and i am puttin it on tom. i just ripped out the exhaust, cat, egr, and header today. puttin on svt kit and bosal cat-back, can't wait. its a lil expensive but its worth the money if you want quality and sound.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you can get the svt header kit from mcnews it comes with the header with revised egr bung, a new egr tube, new tipstick and tubing, heat sheild, gasket. i bought the header and i am puttin it on tom. i just ripped out the exhaust, cat, egr, and header today. puttin on svt kit and bosal cat-back, can't wait. its a lil expensive but its worth the money if you want quality and sound. oh ya u need to get the high flow cat to properly install the header cut the flew won't fit if you don't get the cat

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
now i know the SVT header is great but i dont want to have to buy all this stuff to make it fit, im gunna get the OBX Race header. Will a Trubendz flexpipe be worth it to get as well? and whats the dfference between the aluminized steel and the stainless steel one. Is one better material than the other?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts