Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Assuming you already have an exhaust to mate it to.

Really any of them will give you the performance characteristics you are looking for. The OBX and Focussport will move power up in the RPM range slightly more than the F2 which will keep a bit of the lower end (in theory.. i doubt you would feel a difference). With your 2.0 I would spring for the F2 piece.

·
un1corn
2,703 Posts
Most people will probably say the cossie header is the best, but in my opinion there really isnt a "BEST" header for the duratec because they're all so similar.

There are quite a few headers available for the Duratec. They're all extremely similar. You should consider is size of the primariess. The focussport and cosworth (cosworth is unavailable new) units are almost EXACTLY the same; 4-1, 1 7/8in primaries, 2.5in collector. The obx header is similar to the two above but with 1 3/4in primaries and 2.5in collectors. There are like 3 different versions of the f2 header now, the earlier versions were stepped headers, i think the latest one has 1 3/4in primaries.

If i had a 2.0L Duratec like you i probably wouldn't get the focussport of cosworth because of the size of the primaries. The obx and f2 headers are similar, have smaller primaries, both are cheap, and lots of people like them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Cosworth header and im not impressed with the build quality, i had the welds on the flange that connects to the flex pipe crack, and the Ceramic coating was crap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
not to make a new thread...

is there a significant PERFORMANCE difference between the f2 v2 header (step header) and the newer v3 model? the v3 is sold out and every once in a while the v2s pop up and they also have the three O2 sensors, so would that be next-best?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
doesn't matter how many sensor spots they have...without a cat you will still get a CEL. I just disconnected the sensors....all you need is the first one for your car to run properly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
well im planning on doing the "mechanical fix" so im looking into the f2s...

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
[cool] F2 makes some great exhaust pieces. Take mine for example, Turbo header, Turbo, downpipe. Hehe.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
not to make a new thread...

is there a significant PERFORMANCE difference between the f2 v2 header (step header) and the newer v3 model? the v3 is sold out and every once in a while the v2s pop up and they also have the three O2 sensors, so would that be next-best?
the differences IIRC is in the flex pipe, the old versions have the "donut" "o-ring" style flex pipe with spring bolts, and the v3. has a true flexpipe.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the F2 v3.0 on my 07 ST and if you read the only I ever started (got moved by evan cuz it was in the wrong forum) today you will see a friend borrowed the car and cracked the flex pipe...I replaced the flex and my exhaust totally changed...I mean it sounds totally different in a MUCH BETTER WAY...my car hasn't sounded this good ever...maybe the buddy who trashed my flex pipe did me a favor in a F'd up sorta way, but I have to say my car sound totally different... smoother, deeper, less raspy...if that is possible from the flex I don't know, but I do know that the difference is absolutely positively better....

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i still need a flex...but the yahoo who did my exhaust hacked off the flange and welded my shit together...makes it much, much more then a bolt off bolt on dealio

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
v3 is the best thus far from them, so i would easily drop the cash for it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yeah but considering the very limited availability of the v3... what about a f2 v2 for $225? (basically i have one lined up and asking for advice)... id like to go lower though cause i want to do the mechanical fix so i need to buy non-foulers also...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
those thing are only a few bucks lol...

if you can get it, go for it...then sell it later if you find a v3!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have the magnaflow catback 2.25. Will either header mate to the exhaust system or will i need some sort of reducer?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts