Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 6x8 Pioneer 4-way speakers up front and I plan getting the same ones for the rear, but I was wondering what the best head-unit would be? I've been looking at some Alpine's, Kenwood's, and Pioneer's. If you have any pic's of your head-unit's I appreciate those. Oh, and I'm looking to keep it under $300

·
Registered
845 Posts
a gorgeous blonde with no teeth...lol

really though, out of the three you've mentioned alpine is probably best, but it depends on the model.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
pioneer is not all that bad either. you just got to look around a bit for something thats more you

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
A lower end eclipse unit...for around $350 you could get a middle road with a lot of nice options and great quality.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say Eclipse, but didn't because you said $300 limit. They're pretty nice head units!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm pretty big into the Clarion line. My past 2 units have been Clarion's and I've been completley thrilled with them. Don't know the model though, but they have all been the lowest of the Pro Audio line. Starting round $320-$350.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Pioneer would be the better choice, or Clarion

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
I can tell you first hand that Eclipse head units will sound better out of the box than any of the others. The Pioneer head units take a lot of tweaking (too many settings) to get them to sound right, especially when using external amps. Clarion makes great sounding units as well and would be my second choice. Kenwood is ok for the price but not nearly as clean sounding as the Eclipse or Clarion head units. Alpine is also worth considering but I don't know if they will fall in your price range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got a clarion dx835mp (or something like that). and it's great. only problem is that it's difficult to see when the sun is shining on the screen. but it's 400 at most stores and i found it brand new for $235. so i definately recommend getting whatever you choose on ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts