Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
There's nothing I haven't been able to do on my ride between the how-to section and a Haynes manual.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
374 Posts
IMO...if you do 90% of your own work...then you need the Ford FSM manuals....repair and electrical.

The Haynes has no line drawings....a used copy is good for extra info at times though. Info can be scarce for some jobs.

Writeups on this site MUST be confirmed with a manual. There are differences between years and between aftermarket and OEM parts....torque values.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
On Ebay are two FORD OEM manuals, the service manual and the wiring manual, both together for $60.00 for your 2003
I recommend this, the Haynes was enough to get me started, but the 2003 factory manual I picked up gave me the backup to do a bunch of transmission work recently.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Actually get both, Why?
The Haynes manual may have a simplified writeup to do something OR a shortcut

The first time you do ANYTHING yourself-- the manuals are paid for.

The Haynes gives a simplified wiring diagram that is more easily understood but is LESS precise as it cannot include wiring diagrams for all the years and there are subtle wiring difference between the years.

The Ford wiring manual is precise and tells everything

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually get both, Why?
The Haynes manual may have a simplified writeup to do something OR a shortcut

The first time you do ANYTHING yourself-- the manuals are paid for.

The Haynes gives a simplified wiring diagram that is more easily understood but is LESS precise as it cannot include wiring diagrams for all the years and there are subtle wiring difference between the years.

The Ford wiring manual is precise and tells everything
I like simplified even though I just bought 2 factory manuals off eBay. I missed out on a Haynes Manual for $5.00..........crap.........thanks for the recommendation......

·
Registered
1 Posts
wiring notation

what does the notation mean when it says "c100/12" or "c98/5" when referring to a wire at the under dash fusebox/gem? i'm trying to locate central locking arm and disarm wire for an aftermarket alarm. and the trunk release.

the euro focus 2009 fusebox has blue and orange connectors and a green connector. plus 3 corresponding smaller connectors of each color. the 3 pairs are labeled "front, floor and cockpit". i think the US have this with the 2010 focus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts