Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best exhaust system for the Ford Focus right now? I want to increase a lot (well, a significant amount) of horsepower, I also want it to sound good, have good quality and durability, and also some cool looking tips. Although my main focus right now is to get as much horsepower as possible it would be nice to have the other qualities as well. I know I'm asking for a lot but any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go with Magnaflow or Borla, they both give just about the same hp gains, both are s/s also. there both very good exhaust companys to deal with. i have heard the Magnaflow on the website and in person i think it sounds great! i am sure the Borla sound good too. It just comes down to what you are looking to spend. the Borla is very high in price, Magnaflow is more reasonable. I would go with the Magnaflow, but thats just me.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm not sure an exhaust "upgrade" is worth it... with a 4-2-1 header, and its 2.28/2.50" exhaust.. I'm pretty happy! What kind of hp gain could you really get from an exhaust at this point?? 2-5hp???? Is that worth about $300.00 or more to you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as sound goes, I've heard magnaflow, mbrp, thermal, and borla. Personally I liked the borla the most, the others all had that high buzz/drone, while the borla had a deeper sound. It was almost like the stock svt sound, just even more so. If I ever put a different exhaust on (just for sound, there's really no performance to be had without an O/R pipe), then I'll be getting a borla.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
PapoSwing ah !?

are you from Puerto Rico ?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Infra3sv said:
The SVT already addressed the exhaust when they modified it. You need an off road pipe.
is the off road pipe easy to take on / take off?, b/c i was wanting to get one, but to pass emissons/inspection you can't have it b/c it's an "off road pipe", and i tend to drive on the road.

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
sexy2002svt said:
is the off road pipe easy to take on / take off?, b/c i was wanting to get one, but to pass emissons/inspection you can't have it b/c it's an "off road pipe", and i tend to drive on the road.

thanks
if you just have to pass a visual, then you can weld on fake cats on an O/R pipe. And if you have to pass a sniffer too, you can pray [;)]

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went with Magnaflow catback from www.fulllineexhaust - Dotham, Alabama. $290. shipped. Talk to Ray. Sounds good. Kind of like an old Alfa. Did loose some low end. The stock exhaust is excellent. Money better spent on other stuff, like intake or rear swaybar, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts