Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a new exhaust for my 2005 ZX4 and im not sure which one of the many exhausts on the market to choose..anyone want to recomend something?
i want something that isnt to noisy and dosent sound ricey....a deep tone would be nice but anything quiet and non riceburner civic sounding would be nice

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
personal preferance. do you want stainless. do you want 2.25, 2.5 or 3"

if you want
2.25" go focussport and if you want it super quite get the stealth option
you may also want to look at the mbpr, but ima focussport whore

for
2.5" i suggest the cosworth, it is pricey but it sure does sound nice, it is also stainless

and

3" your only option is truebenz and they have the option of aluminzed or stainless

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
cant go wrong with the borla. i have the focussport stealth and i like it, really didnt change the sound too much from the stock sound. just a little deeper.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like the FocusSport stealth. Here's a sound clip of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pO0Mw1Hxk&search=zx4 st

The Borla sounds just as good but it leaves in the 2nd cat. The FS kit deletes it in favor of two straight-through resonators. One is larger on the Stealth version.
The Borla and FocusSport systems both got 10 out of 10 on Focaljet's exhaust shootout. The FS will probably be cheaper. Since you're in Hawaii you don't need the ceramic coated set, so it'll run you about $340.

·
Registered
301 Posts
just put a borla on my 2.0 duratec. I love the sound. i have an auto so if im light on the gas, then you would hardly be able to notice it, but if I push it a tiny bit then it nice and deep. slam it down and it screams like a banshee. LOVE it.

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
i got magnaflow on my car and it gets a little loud w/o the back seat or anything to block the sound but it is a deep tone and i will do it again if i get another car

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
archie said:
cant go wrong with the borla. i have the focussport stealth and i like it, really didnt change the sound too much from the stock sound. just a little deeper.
If I didn't have my Magnaflow, I would go with Borla.

·
Registered
778 Posts
last post was August. I'm now looking & loud is not the thing. I want performance. Any more ideas or clips. I looked at sound clips the other day but no info on performance from people on the sound clip forums.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
basically all exhaust will give the same power.. unless the exhaust comes with 'high-flow cat' there shouldnt be much of a difference. i love my focussport with the resonator removed..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love my borla 2.5" cat-back. F2 is blowing them out for $315!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey I have a magnaflow cat-back with draxas headers and a flex pipe it gets a little loud but its a sweet deep tone!

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
If you can forgo the emissions testing, a header will make the exhaust very loud, but you're getting into $1000 exhaust territory by the time you get a flex pipe, header, and cat-back. MBRP exhausts come with a cat delete pipe. Totally non-emissions, totally noise pollution, save money on stereo costs and use headphones because nothing is going to be loud enough to overcome the exhaust without making your ears bleed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts