Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project ZX3 has a bad drivers side CV Axle.
I plan on buying both drivers and passenger side replacements.
But what brands are Good to use?
Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks-DC
[cheers]

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i just put a brand new axle in i got from napa. it was called "ultra 8 performance" it looked pretty strong, fit really well (better then my oem one actually). whether it holds up i'm not sure.

looking for a place to redo my stock axle. since it was perfectly fine till it got pulled apart and i read somewhere i need to get the balls in the same spots or it will just fail. and idk how to figure that out. if i could have just packed it with new grease i would be pissed i spent 174 on an axle

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
$174?
Geeze. Even at the US to Canadian exchange rate that seems high.

I paid $70/each for replacements from O"Reilly's.
But the shaft diameter is smaller than stock. Not sure it that will have any effect of strength, I hope not though being I do do some track events for fun.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
these were brand new axles not remans. so that could make up the diff, i wanted remans but they didn't carry any i even had my axle in my hand at the parts counter

everything costs more up here, few comparisons

24 of blue is $31.95+tax(13%) and deposit($2.40) last time in Michigan a 24 of blue was 12.99 (cheapest 24 you can get here is 28.95)

mobil 1 oil $44.99 last time in Michigan it was 18.99

yada, yada, we get screwed. and unless i spend over 48hr in the usa i can only bring back like $25 worth of stuff then ill get sent to customs and pay tax, duty, ect...

bought wheels off aguy on here drove to get them (paid with paypal) got sent to customs and had to pay $76 in duty/taxes... FML

and currently the CAD is worth more then USD. $1 CADis worth like $1.02 USD.

we still get it up the butt from when 1 cad was worth like $0.70 usd

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$174?
Geeze. Even at the US to Canadian exchange rate that seems high.

I paid $70/each for replacements from O"Reilly's.
But the shaft diameter is smaller than stock. Not sure it that will have any effect of strength, I hope not though being I do do some track events for fun.
I have never heard of O'Reillys before.....
What brand were Yours?
Im trying to get the best I can besides going to get Ford replacements.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody?
Should I just assume they are all pretty Good?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would I be better of to buy a set of remanufactured axles?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts