Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that the default settings aren't the optimal settings...what is the consensus on the best settings in MFT for the speaker setup?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm assuming that the default settings aren't the optimal settings...what is the consensus on the best settings in MFT for the speaker setup?
I don't know about reaching a consensus, but this is how I have mine set up:
Bass +1, Midrange +4, Treble +2
Fade 3 back, Balance 3 right

I did a lot of tweeking and found this set up the best for my style of music and gives me a good balance of speakers for the driver's seat. I listen to mostly classic rock, early indie, jazz and country, sometimes in the "turn down that damn music" range but mostly in the mid volume range. Works for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I find a lot of the adjustments are way too coarse. The detents on the center knob and steering wheel switches should make finer adjustments. Maybe .5 db instead of 1 db per knotch. The speed sensitive volume is very sensitive and I can only put on like a 2 of a 10 scale.

·
Registered
967 Posts
You can find the sound settings can work for you differently depending on your taste and the type of music your listening to. Personally I like heavy treble and bass with a middle of the road midrange. Since I dont have my car yet though I can only guess at how I'll set it up.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Plus you also have to factor in your source. For instance if you are listening to the radio they are already boosting certain aspects of the music.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Does anyone know if an aftermarket 10 band EQ would be able to be added to the existing setup in such a way that the EQ would be hidden from view but still accessible to adjust from drivers seat?

That's what I have in my truck right now (although not hidden from view) and I noticed a huge difference after adding that component and adjusting for a nice flat frequency response.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone know if an aftermarket 10 band EQ would be able to be added to the existing setup in such a way that the EQ would be hidden from view but still accessible to adjust from drivers seat?

That's what I have in my truck right now (although not hidden from view) and I noticed a huge difference after adding that component and adjusting for a nice flat frequency response.
I think the JBL MS-8 would really make the Sony system shine. I know I'd go this route before swapping out anything else.

http://www.jbl.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=MS-8

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Quite so, also older people the loose higher frequencies first and may need to compensate with more treble.
That could very well be me. Although at 40 I don't consider myself old (yet), I have had more than my fair share of exposure to high levels of sound via various car stereo systems over the years.

Tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts