Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clutch started slipping , my 2003 2.3 zx3 duratec has 145,000 miles
Is it a good idea to spend the big bucks for an exedy clutch or just replace with my local autoparts offerings..
on the fswerks website it offers the exedy oe quality clutch kit for$429.25
but it does not include the slave cylinder or throw out bearing..
also don't think I need the flywheel,

so I guess im asking for some info on best kit to purchase that has everything I need...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
1st, I'd replace the flywheel. Exedy offers a oem style replacement that replaces the d/m flywheel w/ a 1 piece flywheel. Comes w/ the disc, pressure plate & flywheel. Yea the throw bearing is optional, which I'd replace. Or look at the oem flywheel, disc & pressure plate. I wouldn't machine the oem flywheel, I'd replace it. Thats like pad slapping on rotors w/ a lot of miles. Pads like new rotors, like a clutch disc likes a new flywheel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autozone has duralast and advance auto has perfection, has anyone heard of or used these kits. Kits mentioned are a fraction of the cost compared to fswerks , so I'm waiting to hear about alternatives

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
CFM is another popular retailer of aftermarket Focus parts, Fl is a LITTLE closer than CA (FS).

Duralast is the AZ house brand for packaging, I got a Luk master cyl. for the clutch in that packaging, don't know what they package for the clutch itself. I Assume advance does something similar.

Any way you go stock level is fine, don't need a higher 'stage" clutch for DD.

What IS a decision is the choice between stock replacement "dual mass' flywheel or one of the solid alternatives. Either way that needs to be added into the price.

Look at CFM, I think they package both alternatives.

P.S. - CFM is a supporter here, with their own section & a link to their website.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nevermind wont fit,still looking for a fair price

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You'll need a flywheel, disc, pressure plate & t/b which ever way you go. Yea, it is a chuck at once, but do it right the 1st time, even if you have to save for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts